PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
That doesn't surprise me. All Gawith & Hogwarts blends come out the tin pretty moist unless you get the odd short straw with the occasional tin with 'lid-itus' and the contents have dried out. I tend to jar their stuff since I buy it in those big green resealable bags or if it is their 500g Plugs I just cut it up into travel plugs and jar the rest. I find that if you allow about ten minutes dry time with rubbed out plug you get a smoke that requires very few relights. When I have smoked tins of Bobs CH Flake, Ennerdale they seem to smoke just fine straight out of the tin.

rmcnabb

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 19, 2024
I smoke a lot in the car and on the boat and Homey Ain't Got No Time for relights and all that jazz...I need something that loads and packs easily and stays lit. I shred stuff fine and let it get nicely dry but not crunchy. Basically, just forget about it and let our Tennessee humidity act as nature's humidor and things will be spot-on.

captpat

Lifer
Dec 16, 2014
North Carolina
Most tins that I open are left open for several days (or weeks) depending on how moist the contents are. IME SG blends are way too moist upon initial opening.

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
Most G&H and SG blends benefit from 15-20 minutes resting for my smoking style and preferences - but 1792 and most of their ropes / plugs need a bit extra. Black XXX and 1792 are always a nuisance to get burning properly but man oh man are they tasty once they get going. The 2-3 months drying thing is new to me, but a happy result 😂