PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

stokesdale

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 17, 2020
Stokesdale
Remember that the second shot at the Space X launch will be tomorrow (Saturday) at 3:22 pm, with the third possible shot at it on Sunday. However, the weather report right now actually looks worse than it was on Wednesday with about a 50% chance of thunderstorms during that time of day. On the other hand, you never know with Florida storms, especially on the east coast of Florida. Here is a good article updating everyone of the possible launch windows. Launch Windows

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Boy, I hope everything goes well, whenever it goes. Especially, I hope the private sector and NASA interface works, with all the infinite detail involved. We need a bright light of optimism about now. Just an aside about weather events and their impact, here in North Carolina, every celestial event -- meteor showers, eclipses, blue moons, you name it -- are comically accompanied by heavy overcast that completely block them. I think it works better in the mountains, and maybe even at the coast from time to time. And occasionally there is a "mistake" with the weather and we actually see something we could never expect to see. Beautiful country here, but it's no country for amateur astronomers, or even just star gazers.

Reactions: radrick96
Dec 24, 2012
Cigrmaster was almost chosen for the flight, but he was dumped at the last minute when he insisted on bringing a hooker on the trip.

• Haha
Reactions: dcon
Dec 24, 2012
Turns out it was a miscommunication caused by Cigrmaster’s accent. He wanted to bring a hookah on the flight.

That makes a lot of sense. I wondered what possible use Cigrmaster could have for a hooker. I mean, you can't shoot pool with a rope.

Reactions: cossackjack

stokesdale

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 17, 2020
Stokesdale
Here is a weather update for the launch time which is set for 3:22 pm today. As of 7:20 am this morning, Weather.com in Cape Canaveral is reporting 95% of Tstorms at 1 pm, 90% at 2 pm, but drops off to 60% at 3 pm and 45% at 4 pm. NOAAs static (i.e., not hourly) forecast says roughly 60% chance all day which makes sense given Weather.com's forecast. Weather Underground of course says the same thing as Weather.com now that the latter owns the former.

Let's hope that the intensive storm activity down there early afternoon burns out any energy leading to later activity and helps prevent any storms during the launch period to form. Fingers crossed....

Reactions: radrick96

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Hey, it keeps Elon and his money out of worse trouble. For the astronauts' sakes, I'm hoping for a perfect flight.

Reactions: dcon

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Yesterday a Musk SpaceX rocket on test site exploded in Texas, Astronuts if they heard that must be squeezing their sphincter. Hope it all goes well, Musk needs the taxpayers money. :col:

Status
Not open for further replies.