PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
I like this tobacco. It has a special magic for me. It is one of those tobaccos to be smoked slowly and contemplatively. It seems as if it takes me back in time. You have to smoke it several times, perhaps, maybe, in the end, you will get to know its personality and its mysteries. I love to smoke it on cold winter nights. It is perfect with a good whiskey or scotch. I am still bewitched by that blend of cavendish and latakia.

camaguey

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 25, 2021
west indies
I like this tobacco. It has a special magic for me. It is one of those tobaccos to be smoked slowly and contemplatively. It seems as if it takes me back in time. You have to smoke it several times, perhaps, maybe, in the end, you will get to know its personality and its mysteries. I love to smoke it on cold winter nights. It is perfect with a good whiskey or scotch. I am still bewitched by that blend of cavendish and latakia.
Cavendish and latakia? , i thought it was pure virginia from Brazil. Besides , it will be available tomorrow. Did you had a special sample to Spain ? , or maybe you are thinking on another tobacco.

Reactions: coys and JOHN72

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
Cavendish and latakia? , i thought it was pure virginia from Brazil. Besides , it will be available tomorrow. Did you had a special sample to Spain ? , or maybe you are thinking on another tobacco.
Oh sorry. I was describing the blends of with latakia and cavendish. This one in particular I haven't tried, if you mean virginia only. I would love to, but I can no longer stock up on smokingpipes for spain. Sorry for the confusion. I loved the thread, of this mythical tobacco brand.Thanks a lot my friend for the clarification.

Last edited:
Reactions: camaguey

NC TX ID pipeman

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 25, 2021
North Carolina,Texas,Idaho
I have tried this Down Yonder in april at Chicago show where I ve been given small sample for like 5 bowls...But smoked it home..It is not bad tobacco but nothing to be excited about..flavor is stoved..Literaly.Caramel chocolate...It burned really badly even after drying and when rubbed out it ended as hunderts heavy flat little flakes which clogged the air flow in pipes..I wish I like it better because SPC tobaccos are my favorites..

coys

Can't Leave
Feb 15, 2022
Missouri
It sounds like something I’d try and maybe cellar up.

Sometimes I read a lukewarm review of a straight Virginia but end up finding that I really like it. 🤔