PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snow Hill

Can't Leave
Apr 23, 2015
USA
Does anyone know if Seattle Pipe Club blends are available in bulk these days? I cannot seem to find them...anywhere. The 8 oz. tins are reasonable, so it's not a dire situation, just curious :) Thanks.

matches

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 22, 2015
Dunedin, NZ
I seem to remember hearing that they were moving to solely tins. P&C would be the most likely to have it but not on the site.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Nope they started making it only in tins now due to complaints of quality control, I think it was mainly from buyers ending up with the bottom of the bag stuff and not the nicely pressed cakes. Personally I'm quite glad I got it in bulk when I did, I think it's going to be some of my most treasured tobacco in my cellar as it's no longer being produced in bulk, and my bulk is nice big cakes.

Snow Hill

Can't Leave
Apr 23, 2015
USA
Thanks, all. I had suspected that the disappearance of bulk might be related to QC concerns.

thomnas

Might Stick Around
Jul 10, 2015
Confirmed by pipesandcigars and the creator of the blend, Joe Lankford, that the blends will no longer be available in bulk. Regarding the tobacco coming in kakes, most of my mississippi river was in very small chunks and broken up kake, but no solid, well-formed kakes. Plum pudding came in nice slices given it's a hard tobacco. I'm assuming the shipping had something to do with it. I ordered 8oz tins of both.

Snow Hill

Can't Leave
Apr 23, 2015
USA
Hey Thomnas, thanks much for the confirmation and additional info. I'm happy enough with stacking these 8 oz tins in my cellar, lighter than mason jars, too.

plugugly

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 9, 2015
8oz tins seem in good supply - except for Seattle Evening. Anyone know if it will be tinned up in the larger size soon?
Plugugly

mattguss

Lurker
Apr 14, 2011
Seattle Pipe Club
Seattle Evening will finally be available in 2 and 8 ounce tins very soon -- due to popular demand! Definitely before December. You might try pre-ordering thru Pipes & Cigars.

Status
Not open for further replies.