PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Kptn

Lurker
May 7, 2023
Shanghai, China
Hi,

I am new here and I would say I am also a beginner in pipe smoking. I own 6 pipes in total and I have several tins of tobacco. But one Tobacco definitely got my attention: Dunhill Ye Olde Signe. This tobacco taste so special and unique, I love it. I would like to taste more tobaccos like it, but I don’t know what to search for, what creates this unique taste? I have several straight Virginias or Virginia/Periques, but this Dunhill is special. Anybody an idea what criteria is helpful to find something in this direction?

Thank you.

Reactions: jpberg

TheIdahoan

Lurker
Jan 7, 2023
Southeast Idaho
What I've been doing is reading the reviews at

You'll see the specific tobacco criteria listed in it:

Contents
Flavoring and
Cut

Below you'll see a picture graph of strength, flavoring, taste, and room note.

In your particular tobacco (Tobacco Reviews | Dunhill - Ye Olde Signe (Re-release) - https://www.tobaccoreviews.com/blend/10844/dunhill-ye-olde-signe-re-release) it's:

Virginia
None
Ribbon

Followed by

Medium, none detected, medium and pleasant and tolerable

Plug this into the filters at

And it'll show you similar tobaccos.

In your case it came up with these:

McConnell: Rich Dark Virginia
and
Gawith Hoggarth & Co.: Kendal #7

Hope this helps shortcut your learning curve. Took me a bit to understand the process.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Gentlemen:
Please put your location in your Profile, as people are forgetful.
Why: It will save time for others as to where you live when you mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos, wildfires, air quality, etc. In many instances that saves time for those who read your posts, and for you in not having to reply to inquiries. .
How:
Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down. Whatever you're comfortable with- town, city, county, state. province, etc.

Kptn

Lurker
May 7, 2023
Shanghai, China
What I've been doing is reading the reviews at

You'll see the specific tobacco criteria listed in it:

Contents
Flavoring and
Cut

Below you'll see a picture graph of strength, flavoring, taste, and room note.

In your particular tobacco (Tobacco Reviews | Dunhill - Ye Olde Signe (Re-release) - https://www.tobaccoreviews.com/blend/10844/dunhill-ye-olde-signe-re-release) it's:

Virginia
None
Ribbon

Followed by

Medium, none detected, medium and pleasant and tolerable

Plug this into the filters at

And it'll show you similar tobaccos.

In your case it came up with these:

McConnell: Rich Dark Virginia
and
Gawith Hoggarth & Co.: Kendal #7

Hope this helps shortcut your learning curve. Took me a bit to understand the process.
Thank you, I spend a lot of time at tobaccoreviews. Till now I was only focused on the tobacco which is inside. I will try your method. Thanks.