PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
I am trying this one for the first time tonight and it is totally one of the under the radar blends. Virginias are mature, sweet, grassy and not biting, the amount of the Perique is spot on just complementing the overall flavor by adding some ripeness and dark fruity taste, Black Cavendish provides the smoothness and removes the rough edges. It feels like someone perfected Peter Stokkebye Luxury Bullseye Flake.

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
Yo jv - this was one of the club blends for Sherlock Holmes PipeClub in the Boston area. I don't know if they were formulated for the club The four blends that the New York Pipe Club had were in fact worked out with the great RussO.

hp
les

Reactions: jvnshr

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
Yo jv - this was one of the club blends for Sherlock Holmes PipeClub in the Boston area. I don't know if they were formulated for the club The four blends that the New York Pipe Club had were in fact worked out with the great RussO.

hp
les

Thanks for info, it's good to know the story behind this great blend.

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
Yo jv - yup. But it looks like VR is discontinued. A year or two ago the SHPC version sold out. But now I see that P&C no longer carries it, even under Scottie's banner. :(

hp
les

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
Yo jv - yup. But it looks like VR is discontinued. A year or two ago the SHPC version sold out. But now I see that P&C no longer carries it, even under Scottie's banner. :(

hp
les

That's right, les. I also checked P&C's website, they don't carry it anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.