Scotty's Trout Stream - Dedicate a Pipe?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny_Pipecleaner

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 13, 2019
Mill Valley, CA
I'm not a huge aromatics fan, but I bought 4oz of Scotty's Trout Stream to have around in case the mood strikes. I bought it because of the room note, since my gf is not keen on the smell of most tobacco smoke. I chose Scotty's in particular because of all the reviews stating how it isn't a typical goopy aromatic, and burns drier than most without leaving soggy dottle.

Does anyone have enough experience with this blend to say whether or not I ought to dedicate a pipe to it? I don't want to do that because I won't be smoking it regularly/often, but I also don't want to sully one of my English blend pipes and taste butterscotch with every bowl. I've only smoked it once so far, in my meerschaum pipe. I enjoyed it well enough, but I won't be smoking it daily or even weekly.

I have a few briars and one meer, in case that helps form your advice.

spartacus

Lifer
Nov 7, 2018
Mesa, Arizona
I have never dedicated a pipe to Trout Stream. I don't necessarily have pipes dedicated to aros but I do have pipes dedicated to VaPers and to English blends. Not for a ghosting issue but for the shape of the pipe and better tasting smoke. I have two pipes dedicated for Lakeland blends for ghosting issues.

Reactions: Johnny_Pipecleaner

wolflarsen

Jul 29, 2018
I smoke Trout Stream in my latakia pipes and enjoy the light ghost that occasionally comes through. It's subtle and infrequent but welcome when it happends. I'm too paranoid to put it in va or vaper pipe though I bet that an accasional bowl wouldn't be a big deal.

Reactions: Johnny_Pipecleaner

Johnny_Pipecleaner

Nov 13, 2019
Mill Valley, CA
I smoked my first and only bowl of it in my meerschaum pipe, and I feel like I did notice maybe a hint of it at the beginning of my next bowl in that pipe, but that's it.

I mostly started this thread in fear of tainting one of my briars. It sounds like I have nothing to worry about. Good deal.

mikefu

Lifer
Mar 28, 2018
Green Bay
I just keep it limited to my vanilla/caramel aro pipes that I use for RLP-6 and the like. No issues with ghosts.

drrock

Oct 20, 2011
Minnesota
Trout Stream is one of my many personal favorites. If you’re worried about ghosting, get a cob as a dedicated pipe for it.

mikey517

Lurker
Jul 27, 2019
NJ
Are Trout Stream and Bass Pond similar, and of those two, which would you recommend to a new smoker?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'd only designate for Lakeland aromatics. I have a lot of pipes in my rotation, so that makes ghosting unlikely, and I do not build cake, so that further protects me. Things to consider.

Status
Not open for further replies.