PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
This was drawn as an allegory of my relationships with the fairer sex, but if I say more I'll get pilloried for being sexist...
beloved-369x600.jpg

locopony

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 7, 2011
Ok then I will cross the line fr ya.
Women; the most devious device or torcher, devised by the devil, in the days or men.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
That's pretty close. Having been implied the allegory is this: good man comes to show his affection for his beloved (that's what it says on the gravestone), she drains his blood (uses him), then flies off to find another victim. Story of my life.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
I really like it. Bizarre, but compelling and, well, beautiful. I would really like to see you apply that style to

something cheery or idyllic.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
This one is about as cherry and idyllic as it gets. I did it with a crude crow quill as a classroom example to my students and didn't want to traumatize them. :)

pic21-600x565.jpg

pjhicks

Lurker
Nov 16, 2010
I really like the classic horror feel to both pictures. As for the female pic, it is quite apt. I have always thought the beautiful sirens who draw men to their deaths is also repeated in relationships!

hodirty

Lifer
Jan 10, 2013
I feel you sparrow. I've been used up and thrown out too. As for the art, I love them both. You do a great job, and the implications of the first piece come across quite easily(helpful for someone who knows little about art, like me). Kudos all around sparrow! Post more art if you can, some of us here really like this sort of thing.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Great drawings sparrowhawk. I’ve enjoyed seeing all of the ones you’ve posted.
I have always thought the beautiful sirens who draw men to their deaths is also repeated in relationships!
Them Sirens’ll turn ya into a toad if you’re not careful.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p56k6QCjJnc

Status
Not open for further replies.