Scared to Try a Different Style of Pipe?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Papamique

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 11, 2020
I have settled on two pipe makers and very specific sizes and shapes. I've already been disappointed in the past and will not be again!
Interestingly enough, I believe we have the same two makers earmarked and our styles (size/shape) are similar also.

To answer the OP question-yes. I have many different brands, shapes and sizes but consistently go back to one “old faithful” brand.

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
Some on the Forums have very cogent reasons why they are drawn to particular shapes. Others have varied tastes. I met someone years ago who dined at the same restaurant on a Saturday night every week for nigh on 20 years and ordered the same dish every time. Me, I can never do that.

But hey, I have over 40 Bulldogs/Rhodesians, but of that brood, only 3 are Rhodesians. Despite their similarity, it would seem like I do not have much love for Rhodesians.

Pictured below is my latest pipe, a Pete XL90. It is remarkably similar in size and shape to the one below - a Savinelli 616KS.

I love Bulldogs, billiards (straight and bent), cuttys, Prince of Wales, apples, old Brit woods, and have multiples of them. These are the shapes that call out most to me.

There is absolutely no rational reason for having so many pipes, especially of the same shape, that I can think of. Or at least a reason that is acceptable to my wife ?

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Will resend pic
Here ya go.

436d2fe8-f262-46e3-a6eb-427b70ca83e7-jpeg.69454