PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnyrebel

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 3, 2010
I put in an order for the Troost, wanted to give that a try. I plan on picking up a big tin of Sail anyhow. I didn't know that Sail Yellow had oriental in it..i'll have to get my hands on some of that!

politicalmonster

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 1, 2012
Been wanting to try a whiskey blend, so I went for the Borkum Riff Bourbon Whiskey sample.

Sounded good.

-PM

politicalmonster

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 1, 2012
Haha...I just looked at TobaccoReviews for the Borkum Riff Whiskey, and it was less than stellar, to say the least. Guess I should have looked there first. Oh well, I'll give it a try and if it stinks, no harm no foul.

-PM

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
Haha...I just looked at TobaccoReviews for the Borkum Riff Whiskey, and it was less than stellar, to say the least. Guess I should have looked there first. Oh well, I'll give it a try and if it stinks, no harm no foul.

-PM
Don't worry, it's somewhat of a rite of passage to go through a pouch of the Riff. It will increase your appreciation of other blends. :puffy:
Do a search for the TV commercials thread, some great old BR ads on there to bask in when you get your sample.

jwp159

Can't Leave
Jan 1, 2010
thanks for the link, got my sample ordered, I went for the BR wiskey also. My taste much be on the weird side, I liked BR, but haven't had any in a few years. I had seen all the talk about it and wanted to see if it had changed since I last had it a couple years ago.

eaglerico

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
I have gotten two that I ordered. I ordered a sample of the Captain Black cigars and the BR Bourbon. Got them both a couple of days a part. I am sure they are just the Altadis samples. They stock pile the requests until they feel like sending them.
Its free, really can't complain about how long it takes.

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
I got the Captain Black cigars and Captain Black pipe regular tobacco. I enjoyed regular and cherry cigars, hated the vanilla (tasted like a cigarette). The pipe tobacco (regular) was really quite good to my suprize. I am a big fan of VA and black cavendish because they have this nice natural, mellow taste to them. Captain Black comes a bit wet, so I had to dry it for an hour and a half to get rid of the bite in this blend. They came a month after ordering the free samples at almost the same time. Now that I realize I really like cherry, I might have to get the CAO Cherrybomb I've been hearing about, or even Captain Black Cherry. I did not enjoy how the cigars were tipped and they were wrapped in brown colored paper, not in tobacco, which to me is a big no-no.

metarzan

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 14, 2012
I got the cigars and the Skandanavik Full Aroma, which I don't remember choosing that blend... 20 years in the jar and I may give it a try.

rondyr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 19, 2012
Bel Air, MD
My free sample arrived yesterday, a pouch of Captain Black Royal. I happen to really enjoy Captain Black White, so I thought I would give Royal a shot. And it came with a $4 off coupon for another pouch of the Cap'n, so I was pretty darn happy with that!

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
Looks like the offer's still running. Nobody had mentioned Paladin Black Cherry, so I went for it - and only then thought to use the "Search" function. Guess I'll find out which side of the fence I come down on... :D

auspipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 19, 2012
Australia
Was very much looking forward to my sample since tobacco is expensive and we do not have all these brands here, but unfortunately all Australian pipe smokers who requested it received an email saying their lawyers told them not to send to Australia for whatever reason. Shame.

specialk

Lurker
Dec 29, 2012
I received the Scan Full Aroma a couple of weeks ago, didn't like it. Maybe my tastes will change.

Status
Not open for further replies.