PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lochinvar

Lifer
Oct 22, 2013
"It is easy to forget that in the main we die only seven times more slowly than our dogs."-Jim Harrison

It's tough to say goodbye to a faithful companion. The good days with them make the bad at the end worth it.

Merton

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 8, 2020
Boston, Massachusetts
Brobs, my heart goes out to you. The sorrow is the price we pay for the privilege of loving a dog and having him or her in our lives. What you had to do is the last act of love any of us can do for our beloved friends. It sure does not make it any less sorrowful though. My greatest hope is that the corny poem about the Rainbow Bridge is somehow true...truly

uzzi101

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 18, 2019
California, USA
This is a brutal decision to make. I know the feeling intimately and wouldn’t wish it upon my worst enemy. If you’re looking for hope, there is much on the way.

Time heals and with each day the pain turns to a smile and just fond memories...

After loosing my first pup, I made the decision to “replace” her far too quickly. The home was cold, quiet, and felt empty. The next girl was a ball, but it wasn’t the same. I wish I had waited a bit longer.

Fast forward to 10 years later, and I’m crying like a baby, holding her like a baby as she falls asleep for good.

Holy schmokes did that hurt, but it was the right decision.

Time has a funny way of healing. As unlikely as it sounds now, soon enough you’ll be smiling and telling stories...

I hope this helps you.

Moonshine is a cool name for a dog btw. RIP Moonshine.

Status
Not open for further replies.