PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

LotusEater

Lifer
Apr 16, 2021
Kansas City Missouri
I just got spotted!
I’m staying at a hotel on the Missouri/Illinois border and I went out to my car to get a pipe and pack it and this guy comes running up to me and says “is that a tobacco pipe?”
Turns out he is the father of one of the boys on my son’s soccer team - he is a cigar smoker who recently bought a pipe but he’s having trouble getting the hang of it. He asked me if we could meet later so I can give hime some pointers.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I like 1Q and Lane's RLP-6 as well. I usually keep a little bit of one of them on hand for times when I'm in the mood for an aromatic. Never had any luck with the ladies when smoking it though. LOL Good thing because I'm going on 24 years of marriage, so if at any point it would have worked my wife would have killed me. LOL
one odd thing is I've always gotten a lot of lady attention smoking a pipe. But what's weird is how it's changed. It used to be oh that's cool I think pipes make a man seem like this or that blah blah blah... Now it's so much more the kind of questions someone thinking of picking up a pipe asks. I always found it weird that something like a pipe would be more gender specific (there are things that it feels natural and some feel forced and full of bs).
Though that it's a good thing I have this one shirt I don't wear in public because of being in a long term relation ship (23 years now). It's got two foxes snuggled up. And I swear from the reactions I got it sends the wrong signal. Where as pipe attention has been friendly and something that could be turned into more with skill but..... it's just attention.