PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

garyovich

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 22, 2012
Do any of you have any personal experience with Savinelli's Tundra line of pipes? I am considering one for my next Sav purchase but haven't handled one in person. Any insight would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Gary

garyovich

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 22, 2012
yeah, I'm a big fan of the 320, I'm looking at 320 smooth or rusticated, or possibly a canadian 804

garyovich

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 22, 2012
I was already watching that one, probably several more people are now.
edit: yup, jumped 40$ since last time I looked, lesson learned

mlaug

Part of the Furniture Now
May 23, 2010
Iowa
I have a 320ex and its a nice pipe. The 320 shape is about my favorite Sav style. The cumberland stem makes a nice contrast to the darkish stain of the briar. Like all Savs, its a good smoker with a variety of tobaccos.
I hope you get one someday! 8)

garyovich

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 22, 2012
mlaug, yeah I love my 320KSs, on different websites the pictures of the tundra line come across looking differently, glad to hear they look good in person.

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
Sorry I screwed the pooch for you brother. I know of a website that has both the smooth and rusticated in stock. I can pm you it if you wish. Of course that will be full retail.

garyovich

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 22, 2012
photoman, no worries dude. I was kidding, i'm sure there wasn't a correlation. I think the auction ended up above retail lol. I'm thinking about having my local B&M get one for me but their mark-up is a bit excessive. So it would be great to have other options for price comparisons.

garyovich

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 22, 2012
rothnh, from what i've seen online there is a lot of variance in the appearance of this line. that one photoman linked to was really sharp. I would be very interested to know where you've found it for under 120$ in stock in the smooth finish, please share!

sjpipesmoker

Lifer
Apr 17, 2011
The 320 shape is my favorite from Savinelli. I have 2 (one is new) and the other one is a great smokers

mlaug

May 23, 2010
Iowa
It took me several searches (my Google fu is weak) but it appears the Tundra 320 line is out of stock everywhere?
I don't find any in stock in the usual places, but found one here,
http://www.tastytobaccoshop.com/Savinelli_Tundra_EX_p/2659-320ex.htm
Its a little higher priced than I used to see them listed.

lostandfound

Sep 30, 2011
Out of curiosity, what does everyone like to smoke in their 320's? I also like the shape, and the large bowl seems appropriate for English/Balkan blends.

garyovich

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 22, 2012
I have one dedicated to aromatics, and another dedicated to latakia blends. They seem to smoke all cut types equally well, flakes clearly need to be cubed or rubbed however. They smoke very easy, and the immense amount of briar keeps 'em cool.

garyovich

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 22, 2012
mlaug, yup that's the only smooth I've found in stock anywhere, and I wouldn't have found it without some help from photoman. Now I'm determined to find one, going to talk to the local b&m tomorrow.

clyde

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 19, 2012
Just checked and P&C has one rusticated 320EX and will back order the smooth if you are willing to wait couple days.

dpkrause

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 3, 2012
Anyone else got anymore links to this pipe? The only one I can find says they are out of stock.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
The Tundra I owned was dedicated to Boswell aromatics and it smoked them beautifully. I bought mine off ebay and got a great deal on it, mine was an estate piece. There are a bunch of new ones there now.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=Savinelli+Tundra&_sacat=593&_odkw=pipes&_sop=3&_osacat=593&_fln=1&_catref=1&_sc=1

Status
Not open for further replies.