Savinelli St. Nicholas 2019 Out....Thinking About It...

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

the85boro

Might Stick Around
Feb 17, 2019
If I could find one that is a 9mm filter pipe then I would buy it for sure. Savinelli is such a good pipe and they make works of art. Especially for the mid range cost

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Erg! Sorry about earlier post addressing these as Petersons. The color and finish bulk them up, and I own quite of few of both brands. But my mistake. Of the ones pictured, I like the 315 KS best. I have the shape in the Oscar Lucite series, and it is an especially good version of the prince, with a good big bowl but without giving up the lithe look a prince should have.

elasmo

Can't Leave
Mar 23, 2019
Recently got my 2018 Chacom Noel billiard. I still want to get my grimy paws on the Peterson 2018 Christmas, since the previous 2 years were so nice.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
I just sunk another Benjamin into GH&Co Flakes, so I will force myself to enjoy the 2014 Shape 315 St Nick pipe that I've not even smoked yet.
Then, in a few months, we can have this same conversation again and I will force myself to enjoy the 2015 shape 408 St Patty's Peterson pipe that I've not even smoked yet.
#morefirstworldproblems
jay-roger.jpg

jtank78

Lurker
Aug 19, 2019
yah think the new st nick is sweet looking and I was thinking the same about buying it, probably would be realy nice to smoke on christmass eve and Christmas day with a super good aromatic! turn it into a tradition.... just a idea?

Jun 9, 2018
England
probably would be realy nice to smoke on christmass eve and Christmas day with a super good aromatic! turn it into a tradition
Every year I either get the Peterson or Rattray's Christmas tobacco which is always an aromatic, some are better than others but I've always enjoyed pairing them with a Christmas pipe.

Last year I purchased the Savinelli St. Nicholas in the 315 author shape and I'm liking the look of this years version. I thought the band was just nickel but after looking at the pipes on smokingpipes.com I now realise they are nickel sandwiched between gold and look pretty sweet. I'll probably end up getting a 106 although I will wait to see what Peterson's offering looks like when it's properly photographed.
Chris

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
Every year I either get the Peterson or Rattray's Christmas tobacco which is always an aromatic, some are better than others but I've always enjoyed pairing them with a Christmas pipe.

Last year I purchased the Savinelli St. Nicholas in the 315 author shape and I'm liking the look of this years version. I thought the band was just nickel but after looking at the pipes on smokingpipes.com I now realise they are nickel sandwiched between gold and look pretty sweet. I'll probably end up getting a 106 although I will wait to see what Peterson's offering looks like when it's properly photographed.
Chris
I realize I've posted a lot lately on here in different threads about aromatics. However, I don't actually smoke them very much. Maybe 5% of pipe smoking is aromatics, though really that's probably a generous overestimation. That said, something about the Christmas season in my mind calls for a good aromatic... that, and the finest tobacco in my cellar and the best whiskey in my liquor cabinet :puffy:
I've really enjoyed the Boswell aromatics that I've tried and might order myself a tin or two around Christmas, plus probably some more Molto Dolce.

Status
Not open for further replies.