Savinelli: Saint Nicholas 2021… Already!?! ?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
You have to post pics of this tree?
Just a standard tree but the kids wanted me to put a personal ornament on it. I got an HS Studio reverse calabash that I'm going to put on it (too tiny for smoking) and I thought one of the Savinellis would look more seasonal.

Reactions: STP
May 2, 2020
Louisiana
The stem is much much darker than I anticipated.
I thought they looked a little dark, as well. I picked the 616 with the lightest stem I saw on SP. It’s still yet to arrive, but I’m hoping it’s not super dark. I think last year’s was a better looking pipe, but I’m aiming to collect a decade’s worth of these if they keep making them, so I was going to get one regardless of looks. Is that weird? ?

STP

Lifer
Sep 8, 2020
Northeast USA
^^^ I’m doing the same… and I’m even changing up the shapes. I have them going back to ‘16, but can’t find the ‘16! We think it’s packed away w/Christmas decoration and has yet to resurface. I believe the Saint Nicholas series goes back to ‘13. If I stumble upon those missed years, I might pick them up. It’s a good marketing strategy… for people like us ?

fightnhampster

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 14, 2019
Indiana
I thought they looked a little dark, as well. I picked the 616 with the lightest stem I saw on SP. It’s still yet to arrive, but I’m hoping it’s not super dark. I think last year’s was a better looking pipe, but I’m aiming to collect a decade’s worth of these if they keep making them, so I was going to get one regardless of looks. Is that weird? ?

I too picked the lightest ones I could find based on the pics at spc