PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Ronv69

Might Stick Around
Mar 12, 2020
Linden , Texas
I have had several that hadn't been smoked in a while and I tighted them by holding the tenon in boiling water for a couple of minutes and letting it cool before inserting in the shank. One was stubborn and had to go back in the water for 5 minutes. All good now. Any changes to the wood will be temporary. It's very strange to see a Savinelli with any kind of problem. I've had a couple of artisan pipes that had tenons that were too tight too.

Reactions: BlueMaxx

fightnhampster

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 14, 2019
Indiana
Well,
One thing I was not going to mention, but really was the impetus for me even posting, is that he said, and I am semi paraphrasing...that when I buy a pipe in this cost range that it is a factory made pipe and not as well put together as say a handmade more expensive pipe these are issues you should expect..

I sort of felt like Dom Deluise in Mel Brooks History of the World....

"Did he just call me fat?"

Instead I felt like,

"Did he just say I am a peasant who should expect this lesser grade pipe because I cannot pay $$$ for a proper finished one?"

Ok, rant off...
That attitude is B.S. I have several Savs and have not had that problem.

You should not be made to feel that you are "low_rent" because you didn't buy an "artisanal" pipe.

BlueMaxx

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2020
Indiana
That attitude is B.S. I have several Savs and have not had that problem.

You should not be made to feel that you are "low_rent" because you didn't buy an "artisanal" pipe.

It's all good...the company personally reached out to me and everything is copasetic...it turned out to be an excellent learning opportunity for all parties involved.

Reactions: BROBS and danimalia

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I have had several that hadn't been smoked in a while and I tighted them by holding the tenon in boiling water for a couple of minutes and letting it cool before inserting in the shank.
Be careful doing that with a Vulcanite stem, it can flash oxidize it.

Reactions: BROBS and Ronv69