24 Fresh Rossi Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
There was a Gigantes line, all made up of EX sizes; it’s possible there were Punto Oro versions, but as I mentioned earlier, a Punto Oro would be stamped as a Punto Oro. It’s also possible a mistake was made when the pipe was produced and the stem was matched to the stummel, but that doesn’t necessarily make it a Punto Oro.

camaguey

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 25, 2021
west indies
There was a Gigantes line, all made up of EX sizes; it’s possible there were Punto Oro versions, but as I mentioned earlier, a Punto Oro would be stamped as a Punto Oro. It’s also possible a mistake was made when the pipe was produced and the stem was matched to the stummel, but that doesn’t necessarily make it a Punto Oro.
Thank you again.

AusTex1604

Lurker
May 10, 2023
I looked at that thread when researching my pipe. Your Savinelli Gold is gorgeous. Mine has the same stamps in the briar and similar blast/grain. I wonder if it was just never adorned with the gold bands since it sat in the Savinelli factory warehouse from its creation until it was recently shipped to Smoking Pipes Europe to be sold as a legacy stock. Thats what the folks at Savinelli suspected when I contacted them.

Reactions: Winnipeger

AusTex1604

Lurker
May 10, 2023
There's a Savinelli Gold with the 18k rings in SP estates right now in excellent condition. Asking $375.00. Got me thinking about selling mine!
Wow…nice. That’s a good price if you’re the seller! I’ve got a few Kaywoodies from the 30s and 40s that are unsmoked…I’ll be looking for a new home for them soon.