PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

buck67

Can't Leave
Aug 4, 2010
Little Rock
I just went out to browse a local antique shop and came across this Savinelli Extra for $5.00. It needs cleaning but is otherwise in good shape. I was wondering if anyone had any knowledge of this pipe. I think it will be a good smoker once clean.

SavinelliExtra.jpg

collin

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 29, 2010
Oklahoma
Their pieces of garbage,....but my mother, bless her heart, she collects them..so just for her, I'll double your money for it.
Great find, congratulations! :puffy:

flipflopsandshades

Can't Leave
Dec 12, 2010
That is a beautiful pipe! I swear I am going to hit up some of these antique and pawn shops that are local to me as I have often wondered what pipe treasures may be looming and undiscovered!
Are there teeth marks on the stem?

directshot

Might Stick Around
Dec 22, 2010
Nice purchase.... I shop the antique and pawn shops whenever I have time... picked up a few pipe stands and the odd pipe tool from time to time.

Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
I've done quite a bit of shopping in antique stores for pipes and have found some real gems, including some Comoys, Petersons, Savinelli, Stanwell, and some other odds and ends. Most of the time, I'll buy them, clean/restore, then resell.

buck67

Can't Leave
Aug 4, 2010
Little Rock
I think someone used a torch to light their tobacco due to the charring around the rim. Other than that, It is in perfect condition. Some discoloration on the bit but nothing to keep me from smoking it. I will finish cleaning it today and give it a try after all parts are clean, dry and serviceable. I quit buying pipes due to being unemployed, but I just had to have this one. My wife even liked it. She knows it really made my day to find something like this for such a low price. Thanks for the many nice comments.

thomc80

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2010
Nice pick up. I've got to eventually get to a antique store and see what i can find.

mattia76

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 24, 2010
Those are GREAT pipes. Looks like you picked up a nice one. Get the stem buffed and clean it up and you should have a really good smoker. Nothing like 30 years on a pipe to season the briar and help it smoke good.

Status
Not open for further replies.