PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
As a tribute to the history and legacy of their expansive shape chart, Savinelli has produced a limited-production line honoring some of the marque's oldest designs: the Antica. Presented in crisp, sandblasted finishes with walnut stains and vulcanite mouthpieces, the Antica celebrates 10 timeless Savinelli shapes, many of which were revived for this series. Today's fresh selection of Savinelli pipes includes 144 of these vintage models, ranging from shapes that hearken to Savinelli's roots, like the 915 KS, to the rare 125 variation. These unique Italian designs have been either discontinued or underrepresented in Savinelli's current catalog, all carefully curated and presented for new generations to enjoy.

-smokingpipes.com

Screenshot_20211104-204839_Samsung Internet.jpg

JKoD

Part of the Furniture Now
May 9, 2021
IN
Could be worse. I could introduce you to some artisans.rotf

View attachment 107098View attachment 107099
Ok - stop. ?

I’m perfectly content with my middle road $100ish pipes. They do the job, and do it well. I do have a thing for Bent Billiards and Canadian shapes… straight apples and tomatoes/squat tomatoes, too. Maybe someday I’ll break into a artisan pipe with some dough - but, I’m honestly pretty content with smokes I get from $100ish pipes. I wonder if another $500 - $1000 makes that much of a difference. Perhaps to some, but I don’t know if it’s worth it. I smoke for pleasure, not collection - and sometimes I really think there is a difference in the benchmark. Perhaps a misguided opinion, but…

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I wonder if another $500 - $1000 makes that much of a difference.
Not really. I haven't spent more that $170 for several years now on regular commissions and they're just as top notch as any pipe I've ever smoked. There's a four figure difference between these two, and I love them both equally.?

20210806_192503.jpg004-009-12277_4.5671.jpg

• Love
Reactions: JOHN72 and Toast

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
As a tribute to the history and legacy of their expansive shape chart, Savinelli has produced a limited-production line honoring some of the marque's oldest designs: the Antica. Presented in crisp, sandblasted finishes with walnut stains and vulcanite mouthpieces, the Antica celebrates 10 timeless Savinelli shapes, many of which were revived for this series. Today's fresh selection of Savinelli pipes includes 144 of these vintage models, ranging from shapes that hearken to Savinelli's roots, like the 915 KS, to the rare 125 variation. These unique Italian designs have been either discontinued or underrepresented in Savinelli's current catalog, all carefully curated and presented for new generations to enjoy.

-smokingpipes.com

View attachment 107073
further proof my tastes in pipes is best described as into the classics. :)

Reactions: Chasing Embers