PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
Thanks again, gents
The cabinet was attempted delivery on Friday, but because signature required, I arranged pick up at the fed store.
Today, however, is a snow storm in the north east, so, I may have to wait another day or two.
@Stvalentine.
as you don´t have a Savinelli you can´t own this cabinet legally. You have to ship it to me because I own three-times more Savinellis as you do.
3 times 0 is still 0.
@cosmic
I'm jealous too. My pipes are all just setting in a rack out in the open... shivering, dusty, and naked... :oops:
I'm surprised at you. With your incredible skills, you should have the most beautifully made cabinet, burl, gold and silver trimmed with gargoyles and the like all over it.
@woodsroad.
The only improvement that could be made would be to have it floor-standing, with drawers on the bottom. At...twice the price? Maybe not a feasible idea.
The 18 cabinet that sold after mine did have a lower set of 2 drawers, but I think I'm going to hang this one on the wall.
We'll see when I pick it up.

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
Thanks again, gents
The cabinet was attempted delivery on Friday, but because signature required, I arranged pick up at the fed store.
Today, however, is a snow storm in the north east, so, I may have to wait another day or two.
@Stvalentine.
as you don´t have a Savinelli you can´t own this cabinet legally. You have to ship it to me because I own three-times more Savinellis as you do.
3 times 0 is still 0.
@cosmic
I'm jealous too. My pipes are all just setting in a rack out in the open... shivering, dusty, and naked... :oops:
I'm surprised at you. With your incredible skills, you should have the most beautifully made cabinet, burl, gold and silver trimmed with gargoyles and the like all over it.
@woodsroad.
The only improvement that could be made would be to have it floor-standing, with drawers on the bottom. At...twice the price? Maybe not a feasible idea.
The 18 cabinet that sold after mine did have a lower set of 2 drawers, but I think I'm going to hang this one on the wall.
We'll see when I pick it up.

May 31, 2012
These are beautiful cabinets!
There's an 18 version currently up with b-i-n for a very reasonable price,

I came very very close to getting it!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Savinelli-Pipe-rack-cabinet-holds-18-pipes-/111884598784

....I ended up getting a couple of these,

as I prefer the file cabinet style...

n8780rj.png

...and they were cheap.
If I had the spread,

I'd most definitely go for one of these,

because I love the design!

http://www.pfeifenkonsulat.at/shop/index.php?a=4230&lang=eng
:puffy:

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Allan, glad to see you get one of those cabinets. They are beautiful and extremely well made. I got mine in 2000 and it is still like brand new 15 years later. The holes in the sides really lets the smell out of the pipes. I have 2 larger pipes that do not fit, but the rest of mine fit nicely. The two that don't fit are both straight pipes. How does your collection fit?

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
MLC, that is a great price on the Savinelli cabinet and only an additional $7 for shipping, that won't last long.
JB Hayes in Fair Oaks/VA has those German drawer boxes for their estate pipes (identical). Most pipes just don't fit in those pre-made X slots.

Status
Not open for further replies.