Savinelli 315 KS, Savinelli 316 KS, or.....

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
In the I have had this 623 which is probably the most practical half bent bulldog I have ever seen, very nice conical chambered bowl,yet pretty lightweight and easy to clench, at least when I'm comparing with more voluminous and heavier Peterson 999 Rhodesian model. Speaking of bowl coatings, unfortunately the majority of mid-level pipes of today have this coating applied at factory even all my Stanwells have gotten it,very annoying fact,but you can always remove it using a high proof grain alcohol or isopropyl alcohol,

ps, French manufactured pipes are the ones which still often coming with no inner bowl pre-carbonation,

coyja

Can't Leave
Feb 10, 2018
Spinning ball of dirt
LOL, I know right?

Go down a rabbits hole of thinking about dimensions of pipes, turn to SP to look over the numbers, end up buying another pipe.

For $85 I couldn't pass it up, this one fits the bill for bowl size for me... almost identical to my 305 Roma, but prettier.

https://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/estate/italy/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=271311

VRM8C39.jpg

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
@glober: You may want to look at Smoking Pipes.com. They're having a sale on Savinelli Professor series at half price.($75-$105 sale price) Beautiful pipes with a sterling band and no bowl coating. I don't think they have the 315 available, but still have a good variety of shapes to choose from. You can check out their Specials page too for some great deals on pipes.

seacaptain

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
Yep, you can't go wrong with Punto Oro, or Guibileo D'Oro for that matter if you don't mind the price. The best pipe I ever had was a 313 GDO. I got rid of it because it was on the small side for my taste but I kind of wish I'd kept it.

coyja

Can't Leave
Feb 10, 2018
Spinning ball of dirt
Currently chasing the ghost of Captain Black out of this 120 Anni I just got from SP.

Weirdly, it seems like they didn’t really attempt to clean out the innards of this pipe, and there was even easily removable funk on the rim.

At any rate, 40th is doing the job and it smokes great.

I thought I needed a 320 but this heptagonal bulldog will work just fine instead.

Very cool design.

Status
Not open for further replies.