PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

davedan

Might Stick Around
Dec 31, 2015
Hi guys,
I would like to buy a slightly cheaper Savinelli than the one I've got and one which is beginner friendly - anybody has experience with 311ks and 320 (in rustic)? Which one is easier to smoke and maintain?
Thanks

michaelmirza

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 21, 2015
Chicago, IL
I have a 311KS and it's wonderful. Lightweight and a great smoker. It's Savinelli's newest shape (just came out in the last few months) so it's freshly engineered.

carbonmated

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 5, 2015
I have a Savinelli Oscar Tiger smooth 311KS. Great smoker, good clencher. I have nothing bad to say about it.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Just as an option, Parker makes a cherrywood shape similar to the Sav 311 but without a band, and somewhat lighter weight, that fills the cherrywood roll very well. In that shape, I think the band looks a little overdone. It's kind of a folksy shape and I like the Parker without the band. Only trouble is, the Parkers are a little hard to find.

wallace

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 20, 2012
I've got both and would say I like the larger bowl diameter of the 320 but the 311 is much more comfortable for me. I've been sticking to ribbon cuts in the 311 and save the flakes for my larger bowled pipes. (Just my way of doing it) All in all, for smoking qualities I like my 320, for comfortable clenching the 311 takes it.

Status
Not open for further replies.