PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Briar Baron

Can't Leave
Sep 30, 2016
Sydney
Over the years I built up my photo album on the site and now can not find the link to find the album, or upload new photos either. Has something changed? I log on and go thru all the menus but can not find any of my photos. Thanks in advance.

logs

Lifer
Apr 28, 2019
Yep they're gone when the site changed. You should be able to add new photos though. I do it all the time.

Reactions: BROBS

Briar Baron

Can't Leave
Sep 30, 2016
Sydney
Thank you for the replies, a bit shocked by that but I guess it is what it is. I think the same thing happened on the other site about 7 years back and we lost all our posts etc etc from many years. Had to start over again, not sure how good all this IT stuff is really....
How do I upload photos now. only from computer directly or is there a new album I can create? Thanks again for the help.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
How to place a photo in a post:

If it's on your computer, you can drag it into the REPLY Box directly, or to the Image box (see below) after opening the dialogue box. If you are LINKING* to an image, click on the Link button and paste the URL into the box that opens. The symbol to LINK is the right hand symbol on the upper left of the box. (Looks like a tilted infinity sign.)

No need to resize, as the server will do that for you. Choose full size image, not thumbnail.

* Photos from many—even most—websites can be displayed by copying the image's URL, usually by Control-clicking onna Mac; or right-clicking on Windows, selecting the URL (often stated as "Copy Image Location" or similar words), then copy/paste that into the window.

screen-shot-mbp-jpm-2019-09-26-at-8-00-53-am-jpg.3255.jpg

Reactions: 3rdguy

logs

Lifer
Apr 28, 2019
That's correct except about the resize. It's not really automatic. I can always tell when someone posts a photo directly from their phone without downsizing it first. It appears huge on my computer monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.