PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tschiraldi

Lifer
Dec 14, 2015
Ohio
I have two family era (Joel Era with the "Fish" logo) pipes. Both have the stingers in place. The One Dot's is whole, the Four Dot's stinger has been "chopped". Are these stingers screw in types, or were they fixed in some other way? I think I know why the previous owner chopped the Four Dot's stinger. I used padded pliers to try and unscrew it, to no avail. It wouldn't budge! A pipe cleaner will now pass through to the bowl, unlike the One Dot with stinger intact. How do I go about removing them?

p11PTNJ.jpg

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
EXTREMELY CAREFULLY! Or leave it to someone who has done it before... SASIENI.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I put mine, tenon down, in a shot glass with 91% iso, just enough to get up into the tenon and threads. That freed up the stinger allowed me to pull it with a piece of rubber and a pair of pliers.

jensen

Can't Leave
Apr 10, 2016
A droap of that the Madams use to remove paint from their nails - let it work for some time.

tschiraldi

Lifer
Dec 14, 2015
Ohio
Got it! The alcohol worked. Just needed to be more patient. Thanks Al! BTW, it IS a screw in. Now I feel more confident removing one from the One Dot.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Whew, I was going to suggest a last ditch procedure.....cut the end off and drill it out, not for the faint of heart!

The alcohol usually does the trick, good job waiting grasshopper!

Status
Not open for further replies.