PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

badbriar

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 17, 2012
Suncoast Florida by the Beach
Seems that there are a few here in Sarasota and close by. Is there interest in getting together for a few bowls and coffee, beer, hooch or whatever?

If we can get a group, can do a road trip to Tampa / St Pete area. There are a couple pipe/cigar shops between here and there. Also, amazing cafe con leche!

eslavs

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 19, 2019
Sarasota, Florida
941 = Sarasota area code.

Is there any other real pipe shop around here other than Benningtons? I know of one or two cigar bars around town.

badbriar

Oct 17, 2012
I see that there is a pipe shop in St Pete - Edwards. Never been, but could be a good road-trip!
There are two very good cigar places in North Port. Another good one on University.
Great little coffee shop on Siesta Key and a couple of pubs that are cigar friendly in the area.

cigarsmker

Might Stick Around
Jul 16, 2014
Riverview, FL
Edwards is in tampa nice place.The St.Pete pipe club is having a meet up the 25th of January at Cage Brewing 2001 1st ave south St.Pete . I'm going to be there its always a good time

gamzultovah

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019
I would be interested as well. I live in Ocoee but I’ll gladly make the drive. The only true pipe shop that I know of in Florida is the Pipe Den in Vero Beach. That is a true pipe shop and the owner is a masterful blender.

Reactions: radrick96
Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
I've been in Sarasota for a week now and will be here until the end of February. Hoping to buy a retirement home in the area, probably Venice. Actually out on Siesta Key, there are a couple of decent spots with outside areas you can smoke. LeLu's looks like a decent place and not too crowded generally. Great coffee, food and alcohol available. If anybody wants to meet during the day, evening or on the weekend for a drink (or three) and a few bowls of tobacco, PM me.

badbriar

Oct 17, 2012
So, Is anyone truly up for a get-together someplace that's good for most to meet? If we can determine how many we have and where everyone ives, we can move forward to set a date and find a place.

Let's start with who's up for this and best days. For me, anytime Saturdays or Sunday afternoon/early evenings are best.

Replies???

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
I think if you're going to organize something, you just need to set a time and place and announce it. Trying to get some kind of consensus posting on a pipe board probably won't go well. Weekends are probably best bet, Saturday probably best if the two. Just pick a Saturday afternoon coming up and I'll bet a few people will show. If they don't, worst thing that can happen is you'll sit somewhere for an hour and smoke your pipe.

badbriar

Oct 17, 2012
Where do you all live?
We need to try to do this!!! There is certainly enough interest and enough bodies.
Even fit's at a pub that has an outdoor patio area. Better if it's at a pipe shop.
BTW - Sarasota here.

Reactions: radrick96

radrick96

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 4, 2020
Orlando, Florida
I would be interested as well. I live in Ocoee but I’ll gladly make the drive. The only true pipe shop that I know of in Florida is the Pipe Den in Vero Beach. That is a true pipe shop and the owner is a masterful blender.
I’m down to meet. I miss Sarasota. Only moved to Orlando to get my architecture degree.

I vote we rotate locations between Sarasota and Orlando either monthly or bi-weekly.

All should have to bring a tribute of tobacco for others to sample and there should me a minimum for attendance. Otherwise just postpone until next and communicate with others who may still want to. I’m in. I’ll bring a tin of HH Rustica or Warped Until the End.

Orlando here

Status
Not open for further replies.