Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Our Featured Interview on The Pipes Magazine Radio Show tonight is with Sarah Steele. Sarah's "other half" is renowned pipe artisan and co-founder of Briar Lab, Michael Lindner. Sarah pretty much does everything at Briar Lab besides making pipes ... but she does make pipe tenons and does all of the laser work, plus operations, office manager, website and lots of other duties. In the "Pipe Parts" segment, Brian will discuss the history and evolution of tobacco packaging—tins, pouches, etc.
sarah-steele.jpg

Sarah Steel making a tenon at Briar Lab

tschiraldi

Lifer
Dec 14, 2015
Ohio
I am finally caught up! Just finished listening to all the back episodes. I have to say that it has been both educational and entertaining! This weeks show with Sarah Steele of Briar Lab was no exception. What a great concept! Sarah certainly sounds like she has her hands full! Loved the music! Louis Prima is one of my favorites, especially the Italian songs. I have two suggestions for the show. One - bring back the old tobacco commercials! They made me smile. Two - set up an interview with Mike Spicer, the general manager of the Tinder Box in Dublin, Ohio. Mike has some very interesting views on pipes, people, and life that I think listeners would enjoy. An episode listing the popular tobacco blends that have been around since before 2007 might also be helpful. I will miss my daily podcast. I will now have to wait a week like everybody else. Keep up the good work, sir.
1. My father's old Castello Old Antiquari.

2. Hearth & Home Blackhouse.

3. Courvoisier VSOP Cognac.

4. Book - Historical fiction & British mysteries.

5. I was 10 years old and watching my father smoke his pipe in his leather recliner. I kept bugging him to let me try it. He finally gave in and handed me the pipe. The only pipe I had ever had in my mouth until then was a bubble pipe. So..... I blew hard into the pipe! Hot ash and tobacco flew all over my Dad, his chair and the floor! Dad, of course began yelling and swearing and Mom was furious, both because he let me try it AND because I blew hot ash all over the family room!

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
I call her Steely Sarah. Anyone who has met her will understand why. She's powered by a little nuclear reactor, is relentlessly determined and curious about pretty much everything, and utterly charming.
Be sure to catch this interview. I haven't heard it yet myself, but can guarantee you it will be entertaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.