PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rupert

Lurker
Jan 30, 2011
Anyone seen ANY Samuel Gawith lately? I can't find anything online. Maybe a sightings thread is in order? I've found some stuff on ebay, other than that…
Feel free to post your sightings (if you're not a hoarder, and if you are I don't really blame you).

rupert

Lurker
Jan 30, 2011
That makes two of us!
Lewis Tobacco in Minneapolis had some bulk 1792 as of three weeks ago.

nativeson

Might Stick Around
Sep 24, 2010
Rupert! Buy it! Buy it now! Buy it all! We all have to do our part to see that the shortages continue!

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Ah, sweet 1792. I smoked that almost exclusively for years. Need to reconnect with that one but, sadly, my B&M hasn't seen anything from them since last summer. Let the search begin.

hessenland

Might Stick Around
Jan 31, 2011
Moscow, ID
I heard some rumors on some German youtube videos that they are transitioning their production to Kohlhase&Kopp. Not sure about the level of truthiness.

I don't think I would mind since K&K has excellent products and they helped to keep the Peterson line up to par.

sparroa

Lifer
Dec 8, 2010
In my humble opinion, I would rather see K&K maintain the Gawith name than to see it fade into oblivion. They seem to be capable enough, even if some people disagree with their methods. As it stands now, Sam Gawith is a rarity - scarcely seen and seldom heard outside of anxious pipe forums. I'd love to buy and try their blends from another house than to wax poetic about the Skiff and Squadron Leader tins I loved to read about but never ever got to try...
Just my two cents

juni

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Celtic Talisman is the only cherry flavored tobacco I like. I must order some more soon, it is also a favorite of the wife. :)

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
The tin aroma of CT is a bit strong, but it does not translate to the actual taste while it is burning in the bowl. It is quite good, IMHO.

rupert

Lurker
Jan 30, 2011
"Paylesspipes.com has several SG tinned blends in stock."
Great tip. I just put an order in for some Skiff and Perfection to see if they're what they're cracked up to be.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Hey guys - do me (and all of us that love this forum a favor) ...
When posting up online retailers that have blends you are looking for, first, check all of our site sponsors that sell tobacco, such as http://www.smokingpipes.com/ , http://www.4noggins.com/ , http://cupojoes.com/ , and http://pipesandcigars.com/ .
If none of them have it, then feel free to post someone else, BUT when it comes to that, please when you place your order with a non-sponsor, tell them you heard about it here and that they should consider advertising here so they can up their orders by ten times.
I would really appreciate that, and it is only fair.

rupert

Lurker
Jan 30, 2011
My bad, maybe this thread belongs more in the buy/sell/trade section. I'm new. Just shot Ed at paylesspipes an email giving this forum credit for the sale. For what it's worth, I shop the sponsor sites quite frequently, and searched them many times for SG. I keep praying I'll check my inbox one day to see a notification that SG is back in stock!

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
@rupert

My bad, maybe this thread belongs more in the buy/sell/trade section. I'm new. Just shot Ed at paylesspipes an email giving this forum credit for the sale. For what it's worth, I shop the sponsor sites quite frequently, and searched them many times for SG. I keep praying I'll check my inbox one day to see a notification that SG is back in stock!
No harm, no foul. You didn't know. Now you do.
We're good.

Status
Not open for further replies.