PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

weedsnager

Can't Leave
Jun 30, 2015
Nw Indiana
Anyone have any records when most Gawith flake was in stock last ? It’s sold out everywhere. I’m looking for James flake.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Seems like it was May/June/July time frame when SG blends were readily available. SJF was one of the earlier ones to sell out but it was definitely available for a number of days at numerous vendors.

wolflarsen

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 29, 2018
I bought some St. James and Bothy Flake from SP in July. Be patient. It will come around again. Probably won't last long though.
You can always buy it from Synjeco's if you don't mind paying for international shipping. Here's a link https://www.synjeco.ch/pataall/taba/3030.php?i5s12

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
Thanks for that link, wolflarsen. I recently got into Virginias, and I love Gawith Full Virginia Flake. It may be my favorite tobacco at the moment. I've got almost a pound on hand, but I'm glad to know where I can get more if I run out before I find it in stock here in the U.S.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
I've purchase from Synjeco several times. They generally have good stock of SG flakes as well as the plug versions. There is a plug version of the SJF that is awesome as well. You'll pay a premium but at least you can get it.

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

I haven't seen St. James since early summer, but FVF was around up until last month. I give it another month or so before it shows up again. I think they're probably labeling?

haparnold

Lifer
Aug 9, 2018
Colorado Springs, CO
Do the other Gawith blends go out of stock as fast as Squadron Leader? SP had Squadron Leader last Friday, and I picked up a few tins. Next time I checked the site, it was out of stock again.

erhardt85

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 14, 2017
Tobaccopipes does have it in stock more frequently than most for good prices. Maybe we'll have a new shipment soon. I'm hoping.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
I found out about SG plugs at Synjeco sometime in the mid-2000s but never ordered due to price, not that Synjeco is expensive but that it is subject to European taxes. That's one of the reasons I liked Dark Flake so much as it was $50.00/500g. The entire line, I guess, at GH is that same very affordable price. I could smoke hell out of Dark Flake for two months for $50.00. Make me smile.

64alex

Part of the Furniture Now
May 10, 2016
[I found out about SG plugs at Synjeco sometime in the mid-2000s but never ordered due to price, not that Synjeco is expensive but that it is subject to European taxes.]
I am getting SG plugs from Synjeco. They are a Swiss retailer so their prices have nothing to do with other European taxes. Provided they are the only ones shipping to the USA as British retailers do not ship anymore tobacco to the USA, they are actually cheaper than the prices in UK or other European countries. Yes, if you compares with the flakes available in the USA they are more expensive but I think it has to do not with taxes but because they know they are the only one shipping plugs in the USA and if the alternative is not getting them, better going through Synjeco which is anyway not outrageously too expensive. And they stand back to their customers, they just replaced free of any charge a plug which arrived with a little bit of mold. I am not associated with them in any way.

Status
Not open for further replies.