Samuel Gawith Chocolate Flake...good/bad?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

36 Fresh Tsuge Pipes
23 Fresh Bruno Nuttens Pipes
New Cigars
4 Fresh Scott Thile Pipes
2 Fresh Former Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 12, 2011
I really LOVE 1792, Bracken, Kendal Cream & Best Brown...so Chocolate flake? :|
BTW: I wanted to thank all who have req'ed the SG blends I now LOVE, without you I might have

never been turned on to these GREAT blends...the pipesmagazine clan RULES! :puffy:

misterrogers

Can't Leave
May 16, 2011
Ohio
I've never had it, but I've smelt it. It smelt damn good if you ask me.
That said, there is a rule of thumb. If Samuel Gawith makes it, it's going to be good.

Jun 26, 2011
Pacific Northwest USA
Excellent flake that one.

I prefer fold and stuff with this one over rubbing out. When rubbed out it seems to lose, erm..., something.

I only have one dedicated pipe, a Sav canadian, and SG Chocolate flake is its' tobac.
I can tell the Latakia is there but just. The chocolate casing comes through for me the entire bowl. Towards the end of the bowl the flavor becomes akin to the taste of the crispy chocolate rim around the top of a pan of brownies.
Good stuff!

rd02sir

Can't Leave
Nov 1, 2011
For me (relatively new piper) here is what I thought.
The tin note is not good. Did not smell like chocolate or coco.
Taste to me was a little off, maybe it was the Latakia that I'm not used to.
The flakes were moist with what looks like sugar crystals.
The smoke was smooth and nice. Can't really tell you about room note as it's hard to smell your own tobacco, but it wasn't too bad.

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
Its very good, not an everyday-er for me, but i know a couples guys that only smoke that and nothing else.
I personally dont think its that chocolatey, but is a good change of pace smoke, those guys in my pipe club buy it by the pound so he always lets me smoke some.
Definatley go bulk not tin, bulk is alot better for some reason, actually i may go smoke some now.
I highly recomend at least trying it, like i said go bulk not tin

rd02sir

Can't Leave
Nov 1, 2011
I'm pretty sure it's the Latakia that I'm not use to. It is def throwing me off. It will take a bit of getting use to.

punkpiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 12, 2011
If its anything like the cherry cream flake I'd go for it. Definetly one to add to the list.

morlader

Can't Leave
Mar 2, 2011
Cornwall UK
I have just finished a tin of SG Chocolate Flake and I really liked it,I recommend you give it a go.Mind you,I'm a great fan of Sam Gawith blends anyway.

rd02sir

Can't Leave
Nov 1, 2011
I have some of this baccy that I'm willing to trade with someone. I'm not a huge fan of the latakia in it. If anyone would like to trade some of my tin for another aromatic, like Boswells Chocolate cream. Pm me and let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.