PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 1, 2014
In the September 8th Radio Show, Bob from Samuel Gawith announced a new Virginia Perique blend called "Cabbie's Blend", produced in the same vein as classics like Escudo and Three Nuns, and said it would be launching worldwide in "two weeks".

Time is almost up. Hopefully what he said about increased production capacity holds true.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
I wonder if there is a "VaPer bubble" in the tobacco audience now. Gonna go light up some 1792...

Mar 1, 2014
http://www.smoke-king.co.uk/acatalog/Samuel-Gawith-Cabbie-s-Mixture-Pipe-Tobacco---50g-Tin-5590.html
Finally some in the wild. I guess it's "Cabbie's Mixture" instead of "Cabbie's Blend".
Can't wait for this to show up on the other side of the pond.

bigpond

Lifer
Oct 14, 2014
Woah. Thanks for posting this Frozen. From the description it seems like this might use best brown flake as a base. That could make for a really interesting smoke.

seymour

Lurker
Mar 14, 2014
United States
Smoke King doesn't ship outside the UK but G.Q. does.

http://www.gqtobaccos.com/pipe-tobaccos/samuel-gawith-cabbies-mixture/#.Vifj6iHA9qs
If it doesn't show up soon at smokingpipes.com I may have to bite the bullet on shipping from the UK.

tarheel1

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 16, 2014
Hey if anyone orders from them can you pick me up a couple tins of Bothy Flake and Cabbies blend. More than happy to pay for them. I just dont think I would order enough from the for shipping to be worth it.

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
I've just finished a bowl of cabbies mixture I got from fox's at the last London pipe club meeting. First thing I noticed was how well cut the coins were, very neat & tidy. For those of you like me who smoke a lot of their baccy I'm sure are used to their rather crude cuts & wet shoddy appearance of the mixtures. Not that this detracts in anyway the quality & enjoyment I get from their range of blends. The smoke itself was very nice, extremely smooth & a taste that was neither too rich or peppery,which some va/per mixtures are guilty of. This will I'm sure become a favourite 'all day' for many on both sides of the pond.

hirsute

Lurker
Jun 10, 2015
Revisiting this thread. When I first opened my tin of Cabbie's I really enjoyed it--very nice VaPer, zero lakeland. Fast forward several months, and I cracked the jar for the first time since my initial few smokes. The aroma is the same, but the flavor--very soapy. And actually, a friend of mine found the same thing which prompted me to dig out my jar of it. Has anyone else experience this? Seems to have some Lakeland essence in it after all.

echie

Can't Leave
Jul 7, 2014
Amsterdam
I've recently opened a tin, but it was to moist to smoke. I'm leaving it out to air for a while. Quite curious about it.

danhester

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 17, 2016
I bought a tin and it's just not my thing. I'm going to let it sit in a jar for a year or so and re-visit.

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
The first tin I opened was a very good VaPer blend, and I enjoyed it very much, so I purchased a second tin. The second one was very soapy! I still enjoyed it, but that soapiness in the background wasn't as pleasant.

gtrhtr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 2, 2016
I'm a pretty big VaPer fiend and am looking forward to getting a few tins of this at some point.

prndl

Lifer
Apr 30, 2014
My first tin of Cabbie's was that of a great Va. sharpened with perique against a slight plum note. My second tin of Cabbie's was that of a great Va. sharpened with perique against a heavy note of granny's perfume.
I do have a third, unopened tin of Cabbie's but, I also have one more load in the Glock.
Choices, choices.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Just scrolled past Cabbies Blend at smokingpipes.com, and I believe it is out of stock. Maybe a small shipment that sold fast.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
I see what happened now, the essence used in Ennerdale that was missing from my last order of that, got mistakenly applied to the last batch of Cabbies Mixture. I've only had one tin of Cabbies and it was from a few months ago. I really like the stuff that I had, so I hope it stays the same. I don't mind lakeland essence, but would rather NOT have it in Cabbies, but would like it if they put it back in the Ennerdale.
Hope that clears everything up! Yes, No? :crazy:

samcoffeeman

Can't Leave
Apr 6, 2015
That link didn't work but if you Google Gawith merger you'll find the article on PM.
This is a little worrisome for me as I really liked my first sample and was going to buy 10 tins when it came back in stock. Perhaps I'll still go for it and if it ain't right I'll send it back.

Status
Not open for further replies.