PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Sobrbiker

Lifer
Jan 7, 2023
Casa Grande, AZ
I agree with you. I feel like I bought too much and it will lose its sauce by the time I get to all of it.
I’m hoping by the time I get through what flake I’ve got jarred, the choice to get an 8oz plug to back it up will have been a good one.
I was gifted some plumey 2013 1792DKF and it’s definitely different, I’ve only had one smoke of it so far and didn’t past that the sauce has dropped quite a bit. Will have to smoke more of it to see if what the base tobaccos have done.

midcentry

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 10, 2022
Utah
Maybe a dumb question, but have U.S. retailers been getting the boxes of Cob Plug in recent shipments? I really got into 1792 flake this past year and would really like to try out the plug. Follow up question, does Cob Plug ever come in a tin?

Sobrbiker

Lifer
Jan 7, 2023
Casa Grande, AZ
Maybe a dumb question, but have U.S. retailers been getting the boxes of Cob Plug in recent shipments? I really got into 1792 flake this past year and would really like to try out the plug. Follow up question, does Cob Plug ever come in a tin?
Dunno about the tin, but the first drop of 1792 this year SPcom crashed then was sold out before I got any, so when WCC released theirs there was a “one per” limit on 8oz pkgs so I got one of 1792 and one of Cob Plug.
I’ve not seen Cob in a tin, but that doesn’t mean much-I’m pretty new to all this.

Reactions: midcentry

FLDRD

Lifer
Oct 13, 2021
Arkansas
Had a bowl last night. Will have another tonight. Enjoyed it years ago and love it today. The one i need to try now that Orientals are seeming to be more and more on my radar is Sam's Flake.
That one didn't scratch my personal oriental itch very well, and I couldn't go slow enough to prevent a bit of bite. But I think my pH has had a little bit of challenge with some of their non-Latakia blends...

dottlejockey

Part of the Furniture Now
I got that he was referring to the Sam’s Flake you mentioned
I figured something was off, but after little sleep and jet lag from returning from Florida late last night and all, i'm a little off. 🤪 Thanks for the clarification. 👍 I also really enjoyed the Sam's Flake. I'll be having a bowl of that today, too. Not yet familiar enough with the blend to comment on it at this point.

Reactions: Sobrbiker