Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

irishflake

Might Stick Around
Jun 30, 2012
Michigan
thosegirls.jpg
Them gals look like nice company, but I'm sticking with my old lady...
granny.jpg

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
I avoid tonquin and I avoid heavy nic blends, so I have avoided 1792 Flake and intend to continue to do.I don't feel I have to try everything. :puffy:

pipesicle

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 31, 2012
S.E.Iowa
I had never even heard of this tobacco until now and I am not even going to think about buying it for a couple of years. I need a little more leather on my tongue before i try this stuff. Sorry but I am just a noob and a lightweight at this point. :crying:

juvat270

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 1, 2011
I'm aging a tin of this now, but just my two cents, I wasnt all that impressed with it. Its fairly one-dimensional in taste, burns my nose when I exhale and the tin note smells like a wet fart.
Lets hope it gets better with some age on it.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
Pipesicle, part of learning to be a pipe smoker,IMO, is learning that you don't have to try everything. Learn what you like, and feel free to ignore blends that you don't think are gonna be to your tastes.

gecko13

Feb 2, 2011
Goodyear,AZ
+1 @Jud: That's for sure. All the choices are what make this adventure so much fun....and at times expensive.
There are many blends out there I have no desire to try. I know I won't like them, and I don't have to prove that to myself. I am convinced some blends for me won't be any better than crushing up a cow pie and putting it in my pipe. I agree that 1792 isn't as multidimensional as some blends, but neither is peanut butter, and sometimes you just need to get a big spoonful of it and enjoy.
:puffpipe:

vespertillio

Can't Leave
Jul 9, 2012
I tried this last night. It was as multi faceted as I thought it would be. I have no I idea what tonquin tastes like and if that was it, I wasn't horrible. There was no bite, no burn, no hallucinations, that I could discern and being a friend of nic, that didn't hit me too much either. So far of the blends I've tried, Nightcap has the most spice and kick that I like in that kind of a smoke.

sparroa

Lifer
Dec 8, 2010
Yeah, I'd probably get palpitations from it. I'm eager to taste that topping though! The descriptions have me captivated.

colcolt

Jun 11, 2012
I bought a tin about a month ago as I was looking for some blends that had a punch since I'm anything but nicotine shy. I got the punch alright...nearly a knockout! Of course, I had to inhale it. I put it away after the first bowl. It will definitely set you free.

irishflake

Might Stick Around
Jun 30, 2012
Michigan
I have been off it for a few days now and I'm craving it! The roof of my mouth needs to heal over. Hopefully I can develop some calluses up there.

morton

May 3, 2012
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
I cracked my first tin of 1792 at the tobacconist's shop and thought the same as sixmp, that something has died in the tin - it smelled that disgusting. It smelled to me like a burnt rubber tire. I took it home and let it age in glass for 2 weeks and then I was able to smell the vanilla-like tonquin. After 3 months of aging, it is a great smoke but like others have said, wear a seatbelt because this baby is powerful. Whenever I smoke this stuff, that's it for awhile, no more pipe for a few hours at least while I get my blood levels of nicotine down to normal levels.

sixmp

Can't Leave
Jan 19, 2012
It is a funny old thing the nose. After smoking it for a while a found the smell totally changed to me and now it smells really nice.
I wonder if it brainwashed me :puffy:

Jul 12, 2011
May I also suggest SG-Bracken flake (1792's lil brother) if you

still want a stronger, rich tobacco without the Toq flavoring

sweetbriar

Lurker
Feb 15, 2011
i dont care for 1792.. when i first lit it, it reminded of something familiar.. i couldnt figger it out right away and then realised it reminded me of how funeral homes smelled long ago.. lol .. nope, i'll pass, thx
sweetbriar

Status
Not open for further replies.