Samhain

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

IDont Get It Dont Understand GIF - IDontGetIt DontGetIt ...

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
I spent yesterday morning in my daughter’s (7) class at school talking about allhallowtide and the various ways this season has been observed by distinct cultures. We also drew parallels with the rhythm of the indigenous calendar here, and how due to being in the Southern Hemisphere our festivals are at opposite times of the year.

I gotta say I left feeling really hopeful. Pretty much all of the kids shared ways that their family would gather and remember their loved ones. These were quite varied and we all learnt a lot from each other.

El Capitán

Lifer
Jun 5, 2022
Newberry, Indiana
I spent yesterday morning in my daughter’s (7) class at school talking about allhallowtide and the various ways this season has been observed by distinct cultures. We also drew parallels with the rhythm of the indigenous calendar here, and how due to being in the Southern Hemisphere our festivals are at opposite times of the year.

I gotta say I left feeling really hopeful. Pretty much all of the kids shared ways that their family would gather and remember their loved ones. These were quite varied and we all learnt a lot from each other.
I observe the neo pagan calendar of seasons with me being a practicing Druid. I never got into nature until I was in high school. For me, the world is separated by the spirit plain and the living plain. Everything has a soul and should be treated with respect when used.

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
I observe the neo pagan calendar of seasons with me being a practicing Druid. I never got into nature until I was in high school. For me, the world is separated by the spirit plain and the living plain. Everything has a soul and should be treated with respect when used.
I feel becoming accustomed to the rhythms of traditional and seasonal calendars would be a huge step in the direction of wellness.