PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

supperthyme

Can't Leave
Nov 2, 2019
Old Motha Hubbard will be going there before long.
Gee, hopefully you've left a bone for the dog. ☺️ Jokes aside- that's a solid rotation. Quiet Nights, Margate and Bengal Slices have a place on my grocery list.
I'll admit that I'm still not a huge Latakia lover, but I keep some cellared just in case they ever surprise me.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

supperthyme

Can't Leave
Nov 2, 2019
I probably shouldn't mention that I brought my cellar up to 340 pounds by buying 50 pounds back in the Spring.

340 lbs???
That's the combined weight of two (well-built) grown men. How many bowls do you smoke daily? I'm trying to do the math here but nothing is adding up. ? The bunker thing was a joke but now I'm really beginning to believe you're truly constructing some kind of tobacco preservation vault for when the bombs go off.

Have you ever posted a photo of your stash in it's entirety? That might make a good thread.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
340 lbs???
That's the combined weight of two (well-built) grown men. How many bowls do you smoke daily? I'm trying to do the math here but nothing is adding up. ? The bunker thing was a joke but now I'm really beginning to believe you're truly constructing some kind of tobacco preservation vault for when the bombs go off.

Have you ever posted a photo of your stash in it's entirety? That might make a good thread.
Wait until you hear tales of peck's tobacco barn or cigrmaster's stash. Mine pales by comparison!

I smoke mostly group 4 and up pipes twice daily, but tend to favor the large ones.

Spa32

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 2, 2019
Wisconsin, USA
340 lbs???

How about a picture or video of your entire cellar? I'm sure a few members would like to see that.:)

supperthyme

Can't Leave
Nov 2, 2019
Wait until you hear tales of peck's tobacco barn or cigrmaster's stash. Mine pales by comparison!

I smoke mostly group 4 and up pipes twice daily, but tend to favor the large ones.

View attachment 7649

I'm sorry, did you say tobacco barn? What? Excuse me while I dig through archived threads trying to find photographic evidence of this urban legend.

Group 4 and above is where it's at. Small chambers are just a tobacco teaser if you ask me. What is that massive rusticated Dublin in the bottom of the photo?

Reactions: Chasing Embers

supperthyme

Can't Leave
Nov 2, 2019
How about a picture or video of your entire cellar? I'm sure a few members would like to see that.:)

Haha, surely this question is directed at someone else? As a youngster with a carnie's wages, I have a very small and modest assemblage of tins and Jars.
Right now my stores are especially low as I'm saving the bulk of my spare income to buy a lathe.

I've never spoken to you before and since everyone is introducing themselves/posting their mainstay tobaccos- why not join in? ?

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
What am I looking at? Modern art
It's a Dunny he hated, so he's making a statement.
Correct in both pipe jargon and Australian slang. Out of three Dunhills, two straight billiards and one zulu, none of them were drilled well enough to pass a pipe cleaner. This one was fortunate enough to be around when I needed a rooting tray for a baby tree. A bargain compared to the Yixing trays I like to use.

Spa32

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 2, 2019
Wisconsin, USA
Haha, surely this question is directed at someone else? As a youngster with a carnie's wages, I have a very small and modest assemblage of tins and Jars.
Right now my stores are especially low as I'm saving the bulk of my spare income to buy a lathe.

I've never spoken to you before and since everyone is introducing themselves/posting their mainstay tobaccos- why not join in? ?
Sorry. That was directed at chasingembers. I guess I was a little tired when I posted.

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
That was directed at chasingembers.
The whole following feature of the updated forum has made me leery and a bit more private. Small sections at a time is all I'll do now. My forum participation has lessened now that I know members are getting notifications for all of my activity.

supperthyme

Can't Leave
Nov 2, 2019
Out of three Dunhills, two straight billiards and one zulu, none of them were drilled well enough to pass a pipe cleaner

As striking as your photo is, I do hope you got some money back for the faulty Dunhills instead of resigning them all to lives as glorified sprouting pots. ?
It's shocking and unacceptable that you could pay upwards of $400 for a piece that won't even pass a pipe cleaner. You'd think that such an esteemed brand would have some quality control.

Speaking of the 'following' feature, how does that even work? I've only received notifications whenever a post of mine is quoted.

Reactions: Scott Krieger
Status
Not open for further replies.