SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Feb 10, 2022
I picked this up the other day here in Spain, and I haven’t seen anything else on this anywhere on the internet.

The pouch note is of DFK, with absolutely zero casing or topping.

Right from the first light the deep DFK flavors begin, but so do the rough notes which are present throughout. It is best to pack this tightly to try to slow down the burn to tame the rough notes, even so, relights are seldom necessary. Despite being dry on the palette, it is extremely flavorful.

Barely sipping it provides the best results, but even then some roughness is present. Halfway in some nice sweetness emerges. And in the bottom 3rd the roughness smoothens out a little. Paradoxically, flavor is both unrefined and unidimensional, but also at times complex. I assume it is pure Dark fired of some sort. I don’t have much experience with dark fired except for Peterson’s Irish Flake, which I believe is only one third DF. That is one of my favorites.

It is very cheap, 2.80€ for 40gms here in Spain. On that basis alone, I recommend it. It is definitely smokable, and I do find myself reaching for it, but the rough notes are there, although somewhat mitigated by very slow sipping which also brings out the concentrated flavors.

Attachments

• B6BFE4C1-2BBE-411D-8A99-5CE3A3BC1E88.jpeg
    B6BFE4C1-2BBE-411D-8A99-5CE3A3BC1E88.jpeg
    139.3 KB · Views: 8