PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

acidpox

Can't Leave
Nov 18, 2018
I'm no meerschaum expert but that does look a look more colored than both of my estate meerschaums.

gatorlope

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 5, 2019
South Florida
What you’re seeing is the color that was in the wax that he applied to the finished piece. The dragon you see swooping in on a mug of coffee (to your left) was treated in the same fashion and.he’s never been smoked!

Reactions: shanez

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
That's a heckuva pipe!

I've got one with a similar finish that I have yet to smoke also. I think they pass the pipe through a flame after applying the wax to achieve the finish but I'm not sure.

I plan on lighting mine up for the first time at the upcoming WCPS.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Impressive figural and coloration too. I couldn't resist a group of Meers. I'm putting mine, thanks to the late great fishnbanjo, to use later today to explore the nuances of Briar Works Country Lawyer with its six tobaccos.

gatorlope

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 5, 2019
South Florida
Here’s another pic of some colored meers.
My “no longer a virgin” relaxing on the right and my swooping dragon on the left, with a two tone claw in the middle.
Normally I would not buy a claw since it’s such a common theme, but this was different and a nice size to boot!

crawdad

Lifer
Jul 19, 2019
Virginia
Hmmpf...the title was misleading. I was expecting drums, a volcano, maybe a ginormous gorilla. Shame...shame...

Status
Not open for further replies.