PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

irish

Lifer
Aug 12, 2011
Texas
Well Ladies and Gentlemen I got my first commisioned pipe and it is a doozy! I had Ryan Alden ( Lonestar here on PM) make it for me and I could not be happier. The pipe is beautiful, elegant and spot on to what I ordered. Ryan's work is top notch to say the least and his prices are unbeatable. Most of you that know me, know that I have an passion for the straight billiard, so for my first commisioned pipe that is what I ordered. I love it!! That is all I can keep saying, I love it. For those of you who haven't seen his work check out his website. Alden Pipes in Texas.
alden-billiard-600x310.jpg

alden-billiard-3-600x312.jpg

alden-billiard-4-600x310.jpg

alden-billiard-7-600x310.jpg

alden-billiard-6-600x310.jpg

alden-billiard-9-600x309.jpg

alden-billiard-10-600x310.jpg

redheadedsmoker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 11, 2014
Iowa
Very nice! Beautiful grain and the stain adds a nice touch to make it 'pop'.
Piqued my interest..off to his website I go!

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
That is a beautiful pipe! The grain is amazing and compliments the shape very nicely. I'll bet that thing will be a great flake burner, and a great clencher! Congrats!

irish

Lifer
Aug 12, 2011
Texas
Thank you Gentlemen and I will definitely keep you informed on how she smokes. Tbradsim1 that is awesome, love it as well. Thanks for sharing. I love Ryan's work.

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
Congratulations on your new pipe. The slight tilt of the bowl reminds me of a Devil Anse shape. I hope you enjoy it for many years and can many more pipes towards a 7 day set or greater.

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Holy moley, that grain is as straight as a razor! Gary, I think you scored a winner there!
Ryan has definitely upped his game.

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
That's a beautiful billiard, even if it is an apple. :mrgreen: The best grain I've seen yet on one of Ryan's pipes.

morton

Part of the Furniture Now
May 3, 2012
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
Beautiful pipes all. Ryan has a couple on the way for me also, I can hardly wait. I've asked him to post photos as I am tech unabled but they might be on his website too. He made (for lack of a better term) a chubby bent billiard/author - think GBD #9242, and a volcano. If the pipes look half as good as the pictures he sent, I'll be a happy man.

mrjerke

Lifer
Jun 10, 2013
Midwest
Fantastic looking pipe Gary. Led me to check out Ryan's site. That's some quality work.
Cheers on the new piece!

irish

Lifer
Aug 12, 2011
Texas
I'll be thanking all of you for the kind words. To put it lightly I am pretty proud of it.
@ pitchfork " nothing wrong with a little Appliard !!! :mrgreen:
Thanks guys and a very special thanks to Ryan. Mucho gracias Amigo.

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Congrats Gary that's a beauty! I just came in from the patio -had a smoke in my Alden Hatfield Canadian. Ryan's pipes are fantastic. The two that I have are among my best smokers.

Status
Not open for further replies.