SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Jan 27, 2020
I love to eat asparagus but only buy it when it is in season locally but thinking about asparagus, asparagus is a rather bizarre vegetable, wouldn't you say? And I'm not talkin' bout the urine sniffing aspect of asparagus but rather the shape, taste and the way asparagus grows (the plant it self) seems slightly bizarre, even Bajoran to me, or perhaps Klingon is more apropos; considering it is the only vegetable I know of that is referred to as a primitive weapon.

Jan 27, 2020
I always seem to forget when I eat them and think I’m having a medical emergency when I take a pee the next day.

Years ago I knew this Indian guy who moved to the US in his late 20s and remember him telling me a few days after he had asparagus for the first time that he went to a doctor due to the change in smell of his urine.

Reactions: Kobold

canucklehead

Lifer
Aug 1, 2018
Alberta
Years ago I knew this Indian guy who moved to the US in his late 20s and remember him telling me a few days after he had asparagus for the first time that he went to a doctor due to the change in smell of his urine.
I ate beets and asparagus in the same meal and forgot about it, I was quite alarmed later until I recalled what I ate.

briarblues

Can't Leave
Aug 3, 2017
I enjoy asparagus a lot. Chopped small. Some pancetta and shallots in a shallow fry pan, at medium heat, in olive oil. While that is simmering, I make some pasta. Pasta done, into the shallow fry pan, add some Pecorino cheese, and toss. Once it gets creamy ... time to eat..... wish I was back in Italy .......

Mike

Mortamyhr

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2023
Nashville, TN
Now I want asparagus….

I looked into growing some at home since we run through it pretty quickly. Then found out it takes about 3 years to really get your crop growing. Between lack of patience and having terrible plant luck(I.e. if it doesn’t yell at me for food, I’m going to forget about it) I just don’t see that as a realistic goal.

Reactions: canucklehead