PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
Look up the “Ken Barnes threads on Charatans and Upshalls” (top of the Forums titile page)
Lots of information, some not available even in Pipedia.

• Love
Reactions: milk

milk

Lifer
Sep 21, 2022
Japan
Ok. Got it. I’ve been living in Japan too long. You don’t see those here! Has anyone HAD one in the last 20 years?

• Haha
Reactions: OzPiper

milk

Lifer
Sep 21, 2022
Japan
Your aim is off. The Reuben should go IN your head!

It's one of the dishes I look for regularly. Whenever I encounter one at a new eatery, I usually try it.

I've had plenty of them in the last 20 years.

Now, the pipe maker, I'm, as usual, clueless...

View attachment 316715
Sadly, I can’t find one in Japan. Corned beef is hard to find here 😢 this thread took a turn!

Jan 30, 2020
New Jersey
Your aim is off. The Reuben should go IN your head!

It's one of the dishes I look for regularly. Whenever I encounter one at a new eatery, I usually try it.

I've had plenty of them in the last 20 years.

Now, the pipe maker, I'm, as usual, clueless...

View attachment 316715
I prefer pastrami over corned beef (I love pastrami), but I've always felt if an establishment is going to have the nerve to put a reuben on their menu, it better be incredible. I will judge the rest of their menu and the entire organization based on their decision to offer a reuben and how successful they were at making it.

If it's not top notch, don't even bother putting it on the menu! Just go reuben-less.

Sigmund

Lifer
Sep 17, 2023
France
The tenon look like its got threading marks. Probably from a stinger. Overall the fit and finish of the pipe stem to the stummel doesnt look so hot in the photo. Maybe part of it is the lighting or not a great photo.

Reactions: milk and LotusEater