PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

rmcnabb

Might Stick Around
Feb 19, 2024
Royal Yacht was one of my first loves but it does pack a punch. Like Mark Twain said about riding a bicycle, "Try it - you won't regret it if you live."

Reactions: ThermionicScott

RookieGuy80

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2023
Maryland, United States
I'm working my way through my first tin of Royal Yacht. I picked it up on the order where I was looking for blends that Mrs. Rookie likes the smell but also has nicotine. So far I don't dislike it at all. It hits every box except for tastes good with coffee, but I have 5 Brothers and Haunted Bookshop for coffee paired nic. For me, the nicotine hit isn't bad at all, very pleasant actually for someone just coming off 2 packs of nails a day. It's not 5 Bros or Irish Flake but if I'm in the car for hours with the kids, it holds the demons at bay while not causing complaints from the back seats.

I hear the more seasoned members talking about how it's not what it used to be. Well, what is? The current iteration isn't bad at all if you like stronger Virginias and that apricot topping. I've never had Murray's, just the STG make, so I have nothing to compare it to. And on its own, for me, it's something I might not anyways smoke but I'll never run out.

Reactions: ThermionicScott

Choatecav

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 19, 2023
Middle Tennessee
I always find it interesting how certain tobaccos hit some folks one way and others another. I am not a fan of big lick nicotine hits but I love RY. Never had a problem.
However, two tobaccos that did really hit me were My Mixture 965 by Dunhill/Peterson and Haunted Bookshop by C&D. I got in over my head before I even realized it. Don't get me wrong, I still smoke them occasionally and enjoy the flavor, but I do it with respect and caution.

Reactions: RookieGuy80

vosBghos

Lifer
May 7, 2022
Idaho
Has anyone weighed in on C&D Dreams of Kaddath vs Royal Yacht , Flavor Profile and Nic Hit wise ?

I know before Dunhill went to Peterson there was a scare and this was a suggested replacement I like them both but haven't tried them side by side.