PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
I brought my Roger’s to accompany this RR pipe doctor, it a beautiful piece of craftsmanship, the scales are tobacco bone and the blade took the hairs off my arm. The butt end of the handle is smooth but not a dedicated tamper and to use it you have to take the blade out. A lovely knife but poorly designed for a pipe tool, they should have taken a inch off the blade and it would be smashing. Anyone else have one?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 36
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 35

edger

Lifer
Dec 9, 2016
Mayer AZ
I brought my Roger’s to accompany this RR pipe doctor, it a beautiful piece of craftsmanship, the scales are tobacco bone and the blade took the hairs off my arm. The butt end of the handle is smooth but not a dedicated tamper and to use it you have to take the blade out. A lovely knife but poorly designed for a pipe tool, they should have taken a inch off the blade and it would be smashing. Anyone else have one?
Nice! I'm too old to rationalize a knife that will last a lifetime, but I covet those Rogers. I make do with old case penknives and a roof nail. Enjoy!

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
I have two Rogers pipe knives. They are absolutely amazing tools. If I could only find either of them....

But yes the blade sticking out on yours would be a big issue.

montypiper

Might Stick Around
Dec 26, 2018
Smyrna, Ga
I have a RR pipe knife. I rounded off the blade to make a better bowl scraper, and I dulled down the blade edge a bit... I have other knives if I want to cut a plug or something.
IMG_3391.jpg

Reactions: coyja and Birddog66
Status
Not open for further replies.