Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

M

MARC52

For the past two evenings I've been breaking in a new Rossi Notte 207 straight apple, I've already put a half dozen bowls through the pipe and I am quite impressed with the process so far, the bowl coating is ultra thin and done well, smooth as silk. The pipe is already starting to form a thin cake as smooth as the bowl coating. The pipe draws easy and smooth. I believe the draught is drilled at 3.5mm which is perfect for me. The acrylic stem is thin and comfortable with a low profile button, clenches easily. I've been breaking it in with Carter Hall. I'm old school, so I scoop from the pouch, tamp and light. The bowl lights easy and burns evenly all the way down with one or two relights. No gurgles or wet smokes with this baby, at least not for me, now for the newbie or inexperienced pipe smoker this may not ring true. Anyway, I would highly recommend this pipe to anyone wanting a solid smoker for a very affordable price.

M

MARC52

A bit small for me, but I've never had a bad pipe from Savinelli.?
I agree, Savinelli are great pipes and all I've smoked for many years, that's why I went with Rossi a Savinelli line. I knew they would be well made even at that price point and I was not disappointed. They smoke like a Savinelli.