PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

majilton

Might Stick Around
Jan 18, 2012
I have just aquired today 4 ropps two are in good condition 2 have a crack at base of the bowl Looking at these cracks they dont seem deep into the bowl And as they were estate pipes i cannot complain as the price was cheap.So i have a few questions all the pipes are cherrywood and the type of pipes that show the bark on them and the tree segs.I dont know how to clean this pipe what to use and im not sure how to repair the hairline cracks.Because they are ropps i think you understand why im asking advice can anyone help also can these hairline cracks be repaired

tobakenist

Lifer
Jun 16, 2011
Middle England
Cracks are common on the base of the bowls, just shows they have been smoked a bit hot, usually no problem, I would try a light coloured wood filler if it bothers you, they will polish up nicely with a wax based furniture polish and ream out as normal but not down to bare wood, I have a few and they are a good smoke.

echopipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 7, 2011
I love Ropp pipes. I have a couple and they smoke really great. Be careful cleaning them. I broke the stem on my Jimmy trying to clean it. So bummed.

Status
Not open for further replies.