Rookie and his pipe.Question of manufacturer.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

craig94yj

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 24, 2013
Waterford, Ct
Country Clubber
I recently took up pipe smoking (3 weeks) after I found this in my Grandfather's things. Thanks to youtube I was able to clean it up and restore it to service. It has been dormant for 35+ years and I have not had much luck identifying the manufacturer (maybe Country Pipes in Germany) and the model. What would this style of pipe be classified as and does anyone have any information about it? Thank you in advance for your replies.

craig94yj

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 24, 2013
Waterford, Ct

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
Hey Craig, welcome to the forum first off! Sorry, no help on the maker. The shape appears, IMO, to be a Rhodesian/author hybrid of some sort. Sorry I don't have anything else for you.

amiller

Might Stick Around
Jun 8, 2013
To upload pictures usually I use imgur.com and then post the link in between bracketed ing tags, there are probably similar services....
As for the pipe. Are there any distinguishing markings on it? Usually on the stem or shank. Perhaps the bottom of the bowl. Anything that makes it unique will help folks identify it.

Aug 1, 2012
Right click on the big picture, click "copy image location" hit the IMG button above the reply/post box, paste and voila.
countryclubber02-600x450.jpg

Sorry I can't help on the maker.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
I like the looks of that pipe. You did a nice job cleaning it up. I don't see anything to help identify it, though.
And welcome to the forum.

craig94yj

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 24, 2013
Waterford, Ct
When I found this pipe I could tell it had to be one of his favorites because there was a 1/4" of cake built up in the bowl. I was having a problem with condensation. Probably because I am new, but the stinger was also part of the issue I think. It had a slit instead of a hole and you could not get a pipe cleaner through it. Against my better judgement I decided to cut off the stinger near the threads and drill a larger hole. At one point the bit spun free the stinger from the stem and I had accomplished the mission without damaging the pipe. It now has a great draw and my condensation issues are over. Not to mention I can completely clean it after a smoke. It is now my favorite too. I hope Gramps doesn't mind the modification.

Status
Not open for further replies.