Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard it mentioned many times that these Lane blends (Rocky Patel prohibition) were merely repackaged 1Q. I've heard this by some of our most trusted posters and by some of my pipe club friends, and we even have Lane reps at our meetings. I've never tried this specific one, and we don't have many pure aromatic aficionados on the forum. It would be interesting to get a report on this one smoked back to back with 1Q.

gatorlope

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 5, 2019
South Florida
I see that Rocky Patel Prohibition has added a new blend to their pipe tobaccos that they call “Ricn & Warm”
I was looking at the description and it looks like a similar blend of tobaccos, but with a hint of chocolate & nougat instead of vanilla & caramel. It comes in the the same 12 ounce glass canisters with the RP logo embossed into the mold.

gatorlope

Feb 5, 2019
South Florida
I just came out on the patio with some Three Nuns, Crumble Kake and the RP Prohibition that I opened up yesterday. I might smoke a little of each, but I’m starting with the Pure & Simple.

I’m enjoying it just as much as yesterday and may have a second pipeful. Using my freehand Cutty for the first bowl and maybe (probably) my Iwan Ries Acorn for the second. :puffy:

gatorlope

Feb 5, 2019
South Florida
I’m still enjoying the RP, pure & simple.

I’m halfway through the first jar and acquired another as well as one of the RP, rich & warm

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Haven't tried Rocky Patel cigars or pipe tobacco. As long as you aren't looking for a cigar experience from your pipe, cigar leaf as a condiment can be a pleasant change-up in a pipe. I keep a jar of C&D cigar leaf and add it at will for a little light boost to any other blend when the mood strikes. I'd glad to learn cigar leaf is burley. Another interesting fact, Connecticut is a producer of cigar wrapper tobacco, though few think of Connecticut as the tobacco belt.

gatorlope

Feb 5, 2019
South Florida
I’ve been using some of the RP, pure & simple to mix with other tobaccos that I’be found to be too bitter for my liking or to alleviate the bite in some others, so I’ve been extending the life of my first jar of RP, p&s (I have three) and been able to enjoy some blends that might otherwise go unsmoked.

Status
Not open for further replies.