PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

jaingorenard

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 11, 2022
Norwich, UK
Really sad. The Band are one of my favourites. That only leaves Garth alive now. Some controversy between Robbie and the rest of them, but he was an excellent song writer and his book Testimonial is really interesting.

Merton

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 8, 2020
Boston, Massachusetts
very sad news. so much beautiful music and memories. My all time favorite Band song is "Whispering Pines". The lyrics by Robbie, the melody by Richard and his melancholy and beautiful vocal with Levon on the call/response. Simply great.
I have seen a lot of concerts over the years but the 1974 "Before the Flood" show with Dylan and the Band as co-headliners still stands out as one to always remember. Dylan solo acoustic for the first set (sounding like Dylan) , the Band playing a great second set and the Band backing Bob up for a combined electric and acoustic third set. It is in my memory strongly nearly 50 years later...

Seeleybc1

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 29, 2022
Palmer AK
Yea bummer for sure. The Band will always have a spot on the playlist. One of those bands where I much prefer albums in their entirety as opposed to individual songs. So good