RIP Michael K Williams. The Wire & Boardwalk Empire Star.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Merton

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 8, 2020
Boston, Massachusetts
Very sad indeed. His performance as chalky White on Boardwalk Empire was really great, an essential role on a very underrated show. A show that was at least as good as Sopranos, maybe even better.

• Love
Reactions: dcon

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
"A show that was at least as good as Sopranos, maybe even better."

In my view, Boardwalk was 10 times better than Sopranos. In fact I've paused watching Sopranos (I have the DVD set) due to it being a tad dull. Boardwalk however was top quality with top actors working sterling performances.

Regards,

Jay.

"A show that was at least as good as Sopranos, maybe even better."

In my view, Boardwalk was 10 times better than Sopranos. In fact I've paused watching Sopranos (I have the DVD set) due to it being a tad dull. Boardwalk however was top quality with top actors working sterling performances.

Regards,

Jay.
I would agree 100% I couldn't stick with Sopranos, but Boardwalk kept me intrigued.

Reactions: mawnansmiff

DAR

Can't Leave
Aug 2, 2020
Tiburon, California
Every time I'd see him in anything, I'd say, "That guy was perfectly cast". He picked his roles carefully and didn't work in just anything that came along. He had great management that let him do his thing. He was a true pro actor that was going to be a household name at some point.

Reactions: dcon

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
I remember some time ago looking into Wikipedia about how he acquired his facial scar.....something about a barfight in New York on his 21st birthday I think :oops:

Regards,

Jay.