PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
You may not have heard of him, I certainly hadn't but I'm sure you all use his 'invention'.

I remember in my early days of computing, circa 2000 having someone trying to explain it to me via instant message. Took me an age to figure it out!

Regards,

Jay.

Reactions: indoeuro

seldom

Lifer
Mar 11, 2018
Larry Tesler, the Silicon Valley pioneer who created the now-ubiquitous computer concepts such as "cut," "copy" and "paste," has died. He was 74.

Larry Tesler, the Silicon Valley pioneer who created the now-ubiquitous computer concepts such as "cut," "copy" and "paste," has died. He was 74.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Definitely an unsung hero. I use these functions dozens of times per day, every single day. RIP, sir, and thanks for all of the time saved! I bet if you added up all the time he has saved people it would account for thousands of lifetimes. There is something to be said for that!

Reactions: mawnansmiff

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I've had such a love/hate/hate technology experience that I have a hard time appreciating the endless creativity that has been invested in our whole tech world. I find it frustrating, enraging, and dehumanizing, while I use it all the time and often unwittingly, and bask in some benefits unknowingly. But indeed, the people who bond with tech and are simpatico with its culture and language, do terrific and amazing things, along with some considerable harm. But this is, and they are, a big part of the future. Good for this guy to get there and make the era partly his own. Better than just being confused and distraught as I sometimes am.

Reactions: indoeuro
Status
Not open for further replies.