PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
A little different - about 2 1/2 years ago I decided I needed a Nording Woodcock - little did I know, lol. Magically, one turned up at EA Careys and so I pulled the trigger. When it showed up, I opened the tube and ……. everything except the pipe. That kind of freaked me out. Sent an email off and they were closed and it was a Friday. Called in Monday and the person who answered didn’t even hesitate - she was sorry, said it had to be there somewhere and said if she couldn’t find it it was their fault and she’d issue a refund. Next day I received an email and tracking and the pipe showed up a few days later. I honestly assumed they would just chuckle and say “nice try”. Pipe arrived, crisis over and of course I ordered another pipe mostly out of appreciation. Maybe I sounded genuine, maybe she’s just the nicest person ever, but for a couple of days I figured I was probably out of luck and probably would have been with most sellers.

Figured a happy ending story would be a good one to add.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Huh? When did I ask for free legal advice? Given that this is an area where you typically get what you pay for, why would I WANT free legal advice? 😁

If y'all don't like my first analogy, let's focus on the second which I agree is better: seller bags something up and hands it to you, but something happens to it outside their door. Are they responsible?

The seller didn't lose the package here, they did exactly what they were paid to do. UPS lost it.

I don't doubt it can be argued either way; heck, you can sue anyone at any time for any thing. I'm talking more in a common sense perspective. It doesn't really make sense *to me* to blame the seller for an error of the shipper.
Dear Lord.
Really?
UPS was contracted by the seller, not the buyer, to deliver the package.

We really need a “yawn” emoji here.

Apr 2, 2018
Idong,South Korea.
I've been trying out blends from various blenders in the US. I recently made a purchase from Rich's in Oregon. Long and short, the package was lost by UPS. I approached the problem by contacting Rich's but was told there was nothing they could do. I contacted UPS and was told that, due to what the customer service rep saw, I needed to file a claim; however, they had to be done online and not over the phone. Unfortunately, the UPS app for filing the claim wouldn't work. I could enter data but couldn't submit it to complete the claim. I spoke with Rich's once more to let them know that trouble that I was encountering, but again, no offer to help. I'm infuriated, as presently I'm out almost $70.00 on this. I realize the shipping failure wasn't Rich's fault, but it also wasn't mine. The complete lack of assistance from Rich's and the burden of discovery and contacting UPS was placed on me. To be honest, it soured me, and I don't think I'll be attempting to business with them again. My last recourse is to file a claim with my credit card company.
They should have felt some urgency on this and helped you,the customer.

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
Here I go. Chinese seller sold me a lighter. I'm a sucker for engraved armor Zippo. This one was one of a kind. I was thinking "it can't be!" Shit, I was right. They sent a lighter, but it wasn't the one they sold. Contacted them and they had nerve to say "it's a good lighter, keep that one." Didn't even argue. Contacted PayPal and my credit card and got every dime out of them including shipping and handling. Pipe smoked great that day.