PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Went to a huge flea market today and found a nice pipe knife. I've owned two Richard Sheffield pipe knives before. One in plain stainless steel and one with blue plastic scales. Both have gone missing in years gone by. They have been my favorite tools I've owned but I couldn't justify buying yet a 3rd one. Untill today I saw one at the flea market in a display case with other pocket knives. No price tag, but the guy wanted two bucks for it!
Sold.

It's in rough shape, the blade is a little loose, the pick is a little difficult to open and close and the tamper is dinged upPXL_20210926_211152169.jpg. But for two dollars I can't complain!

PXL_20210926_211200691.jpgPXL_20210926_211221076.jpg

Sir Yak

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 15, 2022
Arkansas
Went to a huge flea market today and found a nice pipe knife. I've owned two Richard Sheffield pipe knives before. One in plain stainless steel and one with blue plastic scales. Both have gone missing in years gone by. They have been my favorite tools I've owned but I couldn't justify buying yet a 3rd one. Untill today I saw one at the flea market in a display case with other pocket knives. No price tag, but the guy wanted two bucks for it!
Sold.

It's in rough shape, the blade is a little loose, the pick is a little difficult to open and close and the tamper is dinged upView attachment 99637. But for two dollars I can't complain!

View attachment 99635View attachment 99636
NICE score!!! 2 bucks was a steal. I have one with the plastic red scales. I really like the finish on the one you’ve got there.

MCJ

Can't Leave
May 22, 2022
NW Connecticut
That really was a fantastic buy! I have the Rodgers of Sheffield pipe knife with the buffalo horn scales on the sides, and it is one of two accessories (the other being my 1950's Nimrod Commander pipe lighter) that I just cannot say enough good things about...

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
That really was a fantastic buy! I have the Rodgers of Sheffield pipe knife with the buffalo horn scales on the sides, and it is one of two accessories (the other being my 1950's Nimrod Commander pipe lighter) that I just cannot say enough good things about...
I've always wanted a horn one!